Chapter 32 : The Demon Queen's Rampage! Vs Zeus!

[WELCOMEEEEEE TO THE FIRST SEMIFINAL MATCH OF THIS YEAR'S HOLY ROAD!!!! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FIFTEEN YEARS, WE WILL BE WITNESSING A MATCH BETWEEN THE LEGENDARY RIVALS ZEUS ACADEMY AND RAIMON JR.HIGH IN THE NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!! FANS HAVE FLOODED THE STADIUM TO SEE WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP AND MOVE ON TO THE FINALSSSSSS OF HHHHHHHHHHOLY RRRRRRRROAD!!!!]

Taking a deep breath in through her nose, Mika took in the sounds of the cheers and exuberant shouts from the crowd.

It was hard to believe that it was really happening.

This was her first time making it to the semifinals and Raimon was only two matches away from winning it all. Stepping onto the field alongside her teammates, Khronoa's words rang like a bell in her ears,

Zeus is going to do our very best to win and I hope it'll be the same for you. Let's promise to both go all out and play a semifinals that everyone is going to remember!

After her talk with the forward from Zeus last week, Mika had taken a lot of time to herself to simmer on those words but there was no way to test the validity of her suspicions until now...

Whether or not she truly enjoyed soccer...

She would find out today.

Grabbing her right arm fiercely so that it would stop shaking, Mika gave a nod to Leonidas who was standing ready beside her and the two ran forward hearing the whistle from the referee indicating the start of the match.

Mika watched cautiously as Khronoa swiftly sent the ball flying backwards towards Zeus's defensive line upon seeing Mika and Leonidas close in on her. Unlike their previous opponents, Khronoa was known for her level-headedness under pressure and based on their previous match, Zeus had no issues with playing passively while waiting for a moment to strike.

If that was the case then now wasn't the time for Raimon to act passively and allow Zeus to control the flow of the match.

Giving a signal to Leonidas to move in from the right and for Serika and Makoto to be ready to close in, Mika dashed ahead to follow the arc of the ball as it headed for Zeus's captain, Rhea Kikuchi but furrowed her brows as the defender gave her a confident smile back while running alongside her.

"Got you."

Moving faster than Mika anticipated she could move, Rhea burst ahead causing Mika to similarly begin to sprint to catch up but was caught off guard as Rhea bent her knees to jump high into the air and send the ball coursing through the sky with the force from her head.

"Prometheus!"

"Got it!"

Scooping up the ball quickly, the small but defined muscles in Prometheus's arm began to tighten as he tensed up then released the ball before anyone in the Raimon team could react.

"Selene-nee!"

Letting the ball hit the side of her foot, Selene secured the ball tightly halfway across the field and saw a rather tall, blonde boy running towards her.

Hmph.

Galahad was it?

His reaction time wasn't bad considering how quickly he had been able to turn around upon seeing Rhea's header to Prometheus, but he definitely wouldn't be able to keep up with her speed!

Moon Rabbit's Dash!

Running back as soon as she realised what was happening, Mika watched futilely, still on Zeus's side of the field, as a pair of long, midnight-black, rabbit ears emerged from Selene's head followed by three sonic booms echoing across the field, leaving Galahad in the dust.