Chapter 38 : At Long Last

"Mika?" Serika asked with a drop of worry in her voice, wondering if the striker was still feeling out of sorts, judging by her lack of response to their earlier discussion.

"..."

Unsure by what her silence meant, the Raimon members looked at her with perplexity in their eyes until just as Serika was about to walk over, Mika looked up and gave them a light-hearted smile.

"Hi!"

"....."

Now even more bewildered, the Raimon members simultaneously furrowed their brows and looked at each other with confusion dripping from their eyes. Though the 'Demon Queen' had a pleasant smile and bright atmosphere, the contrast to her usual demeanour somehow made them feel uneasy.

"Um...are you feeling alright Mika?" Galahad asked hesitantly, slightly concerned that she was feeling down after losing possession of the ball to Yuka but despite his fears she reassured him,

"Of course! Never better, Gally-kun!"

"......Gally-Kun?" repeated Galahad under his breath while Mika bounced up from her seat.

Hop Hop

Bouncing on the soles of her feet, Mika did some light stretches while the Raimon members looked at her with clear confusion written all over their faces.

"Uh, well we should probably discuss our strategy for the second half then...Considering how quickly Nosaka has been responding to our tac–"

Click Click

Clicking her tongue at him, Mika then wagged her finger to interrupt Galahad before he could finish speaking and warned him in a cheeky voice.

"Blah Blah Blah. So boring! Why don't you just sit back and enjoy the show okay, Gally-kun?"

After shushing Galahad successfully, Mika then turned around to look at the other Raimon members and declared imperiously,

"Just leave everything to me and don't get in my way, or else I'll be realllly annoyed!"

Listening in on their discussion silently this entire time, Aphrodi narrowed his eyes watching Mika's strange change in behaviour and spoke up for the first time in the half-time,

"Kuroha-san, I want you on defence in the second half. Yozora-kun, you take the centre forward position and Serika, switch positions with Rikitake-kun."

"What?!" Galahad and Serika cried out in unison while Mika just laughed it off as if it didn't bother her.

"Okie-dokie Mr.Ruler of the Heavens! Doesn't matter to me!"

Tweet Tweet

"Wait, Uncle! What–"

"Serika, the match is starting! Don't question your coach, now go!" commanded Aphrodi forcing Serika to swallow her question back down her throat while the other Raimon players moved silently back onto the field. Then running to catch up to Galahad and Leonidas as they moved to centrefield she gave Galahad an eye and he shrugged.

"That's not Mika-nee." Leonidas said bluntly as he jogged in between the two.

"What? How do you know?" Galahad asked with obvious befuddlement written in his brows.

"Bad vibes." Leonidas answered in a calm voice.

After all, he of all people knew what those eyes of Mika's meant.

Though her aura was giving off a shining radiance at a first glance, the nothingness inside of whoever this person was, resonated with the nothingness that had haunted him for his entire life...With this statement however, the match had already begun and the trio's attention was brought back to the match with a start and Leonidas gave the ball a sharp kick to Galahad in response to the whistle.