Chapter 14 : An Angel Descends! Vs Teikoku Gakuen!

Block C Preliminary Final Match, Raimon v Teikoku Gakuen

[AND THE FINAL MATCH OF BLOCK C BEGINS WITH TEIKOKU'S KICKOFF! WHOEVER WINS THIS MATCH HERE TODAY WILL CLAIM THE SECOND PLACE TICKET TO THE HOLY ROAD FINALS!!]

Eyes narrowing cooly, Mika watched as the two Teikoku forwards started off the game.

"If there's something you want to find out about soccer, then just play soccer"

Hmph. That's what she had intended to do anyway. If she wanted to keep playing in order to find out what this inexplicable feeling she felt when she played soccer was, she needed to win here.

And once she found the answer...

"Why are you even playing soccer?"

She would be ready to fight him again.

[RAIMON'S MIKA KUROHA MAKES AN AGGRESSIVE PLAY FOR THE BALL AND QUICKLY STEALS IT BACK FROM TEIKOKU GAKUEN WITHIN THE FIRST FEW MINUTES OF THE MATCH!!]

"Mika!"

Ignoring Serika's call to pass the ball to her, Mika just grit her teeth together before charging forward.

Makoto just shrugged as Serika opened her eyes wide in surprise and asked

"What the heck is she doing?"

This wasn't like Mika at all, she had a rather crazed look in her eyes and it seemed like she couldn't hear what any of them were saying or was deliberately ignoring them for some reason. Confused by the girl's actions, Serika watched as a hand emerged from the ground and purple mist began to surround the ball.

Pandora's Box!

Teikoku's goalkeeper frowned a little as he watched the golden and purple shoot fly towards him. It was intimidating but...he had seen worse last week.

Jumping up into the air, an orange-yellow light burst forth from his fists and as the ball got closer to the goal he slammed back down on the ball with his fists.

POWER SPIKE!!

[NO GOAAAAAALL! Teikoku Gakuen's goalkeeper Ikki Yamamoto successfully manages to block Raimon's ace striker! Looks like we're going to be in for a fierce match today folks!]

Hup

Serika gave a confused glance at Mika while watching the Teikoku Gakuen's goalkeeper give the ball a swift kick up the field.

"Mika! Hey Mika!"

Despite calling out to the other girl, Mika gave no sign that she had heard and ran back to defend the goal.

"Did she just ignore me??"

Eyebrow twitching in anger, Serika quickly chased after her before grabbing her shoulder to stop her.

"Hey!"

"Oh, Afuro-san?"

"Oh, Afuro-san? Is that all you have to say for yourself! You've got some nerve today!"

Flipping her hair behind her in frustration, Serika sighed. If Mika was going to be like this then it seemed like she had no other choice...

"Fine, I'll just have to show you. Just watch me okay?"

"???"

She didn't know what was going on with Mika today but it was clear she had no intention of sharing her problems with her and ran up the field, ignoring the confused look she was getting from Mika.

If she wasn't going to reach out to her then...she would have to go to her first! Mika was never going to be alone again, not if she had anything to say about it!