chapter 8• shopping

The sound of rain pattering on the window

The smell of pancakes hitting my nose.

The alarm clock's bright red light says '10:30am'.

Trying to get up I slumped back down on the bed.

I hate getting up in the mornings.

Finally getting out of bed I get into my black slippers and go outside in the living room.

I saw Celeste and Nariyah sitting on the dining table chairs and eating. I saw Lyia cooking and Leana was probably sleeping.

"Good morning Mia," said Lyia. "Morning babe" I said. "Anaya called on the home phone and said for you to call her back or text her once you get the chance," Lyia said. I nodded.

"Morning ladies" I said looking at Nariyah and Celeste. They smiled. "Good morning Mia" they both said. I'm happy they are feeling more comfortable around us and making themselves at home.

I told the girls I'm gonna shower and then eat and they nodded. I grabbed my phone from the night stand. I saw 3 messages from Anaya, 6 messages from Almana, 2 messages from Luka and three messages from Salvatore. Two missed calls from Salvatore.

Opening up Anaya's messages. I scrolled up.

Anaya- Hey. Good morning. Do you want to go to the mall with me and Almana?

Anaya- We wanted to get out presents for Nico.

Anaya- We can go to the bookstore too. Lyia, Celeste, and Nariyah and Leana are welcome to come. P.s I'm sorry for the spam. Let me know :).

I smiled. I replied back.

Me- Hey Anaya. Good morning. I would love to go. I'll ask the others if they would like to go. I'll let you know.

I opened Almana's thread.

Almana <3- MIA

Almana <3- BABE WAKE UP

Almana <3- I'M GONNA KEEP SPAMMING YOU TIL YOU WAKE UP

Almana <3- LET'S GO TO THE MALL WITH ANAYA FOR NICO'S BIRTHDAY SHIT.

Almana <3- You know how pissed he will be if he doesn't get anything from his favorite sibling.  (P.S don't tell the others)

Almana <3- I need a dress for his birthday. Let me know babe.

Me- Well good morning to you too. I'll ask the girls if they wanna come. P.s you should let me borrow those black heels you have.

Opening Salvatore's messages.

Sally boo <3- Hey. You okay? Don't you dare lie.

Sally boo <3- What happened? Call me when you wake up.