chapter 13 • anger

TW: Mentions of drugs, rape, and violence

The breezy wind hit my skin and I felt calm but anxious.

Checking my rolex, I start heading outside.

Sitting on the lunch table, I looked down at my phone.

Where are you, M?

You'd always text me when you're here.

Gym class was a pain in the ass. Luka, Mia, and Leana and I all have gym for one more semester and then we're done.

Thankfully students only have one final for the day so everyone gets to leave the building early.

I'm not going anywhere until I see Mia.

Sighing, I put the phone in my pocket and Lee walked to the table.

"Hey Sal," Lee said with a smile.

"Hey Lee, did Mia come to school today?" I asked, anxious as to why she wasn't picking my phone calls or messaging me.

"Oh, yeah. She dropped Lyia off at school. She should be here by now. I didn't see her at the gym" she said, her brows furrowed.

I nodded, glancing at my phone for any messages.

Luka came into my sight and I nervously asked "Hey, have you seen, M?"

He shook his head. "I saw her car parked at the usual spot upfront," he continued, "Where is she?" he said.

I didn't see her in the gym at all.

I sighed. I called her phone again anxiously waiting to hear her voice.

'Hey, it's Mia. I'm busy right now but I'll get back to you as soon as I can' said the voice recording.

Straight to voicemail. That's never happened before.

Her voice made me feel calm but I knew something was wrong.

I sighed and hung up.

I decided to text Lyia to ask if she was at school.

Me- Hey Lyia. Are you at school? Is Mia there with you?

I put my phone down and played with the ring on my fingers.

Lil Vasquez- Hey Sal. Yes, I'm at school. Mia dropped me off like 2 hours ago. Is she not at the university?

Me- Oh never mind, I see her. Thanks tiny Vasquez. Let me know if you need anything. Have fun studying.

I lied.

I don't see Mia. I can't find her. But, I don't want to worry Lyia.

The last thing I need is for her to have a panic attack. Lyia has always been the kindest soul I've ever met.