chapter 9• memories

****Hi! Quick little note. If you would like to listen to the song that's with the chapter you can!

 If you would like to listen to the song that's with the chapter you can!

Music blasting from the T.V.

'What you call that' by Chase Atlantic.

I look up and see Celeste and Nariyah singing and tapping their foot to the rhythm.

I squint my eyes to see the time.

6 o'clock.

Three more hours.

Typing on my computer and fixing my glasses I write down my notes.

I don't wear my glasses usually. I have my contacts but for now I decided to take a break from them.

Statistics...I hate you.

Leana was right in front of me and studying.

The sound of knocking invaded the silent apartment.

I looked at Lyia who was closest to the door.

"I'm too lazy. Love you" she said with a cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes and headed for the door.

Celeste and Nariyah lowered the music down and smiled softly at me when I passed them.

Opening it I saw a man standing there with five garment bags in his hands and boxes to the side.

"Good Afternoon ma'am. Delivery for Mia Vasquez?" he said.

"That's me but I didn't order anything," I looked back at Lyia and Lee. They shook their heads with confusion on their faces.

I turned back to look at the man to see him pull out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

Opening the paper I looked at it with disbelief.

'Don't hate me. Wear this tonight. You can thank me later.

-From Sally Boo'

"Can I come in and drop off these garment bags and boxes? Your boyfriend was really persistent. I put it in your apartment" he said.

"Oh that's not my boyfriend. He's my best friend but yeah that's fine" I said.

"Mhmm sure" he said.

I rolled my eyes. Stop assuming things when you don't know the truth.

I stepped to the side. He came in and put the bags on the couches and the boxes near the door. He went back out and I was about to close the door but he grabbed another box and flowers and gave it to me.

Not just any flowers. A bouquet of dark red roses.

"This one is especially for you. Here's the card" he said and handed it to me.