chapter 24 • unsettling

Comment, vote, and enjoy <3

One month. 

It's been one month since I have seen or talked to Sal, Luka, and Alessio.

One month since Alessio and Sal dropped me off at the apartment and left. 

After talking to Mr. Vitale, a pissed of Alessio told me to stop talking to Mr. Vitale.  Sal told me to wait in the car parked outside and half an hour later they came in to the car. 

After an unsettling ride back to the apartment all I could think about who Mr. Vitale was. 

Was he apart of the mafia? 

Was he a friend? 

Did that pin he had have anything to do with any mafia? 

Who was he actually? 

Ever since then I've been texting Almana nonstop. I've been talking to Anaya, Nico, and Almana at school. 

Almana told me that Salvatore and Alessio are out of town. They haven't been able to find Mrs. Moretti. 

Almana told me that someone is helping Mrs. Moretti keep hidden and they're damn good at it. No one knows where Mrs. Moretti is currently. The last location of her was in Canada. Ever since she's been nowhere to be found. 

It's like she disappeared. 

Almana has always been positive when it came to family, but then Mrs. Moretti left and she's worried about her mothers whereabouts. 

There's something that's worrying me about this whole situation. 

Luka is nowhere to be found. Almana had came home late on the day Mrs. Moretti had left. Almana had to go out of town due to some errands Alessio told her to do. 

She came home to see Luka drive off. Alessio, Sal and I were still at the club around that time. 

I grabbed my phone and looked at the call list. 10 calls to Luka. Luka shut off his phone after a few days. 

I called Sal 15 times ever since that day. No one has seen Alessio or Sal at all. 

I called him for the last time two days ago. One last time before I stop calling and let him reach out to me. I left a message telling him I will wait as long as he needed until he wanted to talk. 

I felt so guilty for not being there for Anaya and the whole family. Anaya told me I was worrying about nothing and that if she needs me she would call me. 

A ball of paper being thrown at me caught my attention. I turned to look next to me. 

Andre had thrown the balled up paper. 

"You look like you're constipated or you're just thinking," said Andre.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm just worried okay?" I replied, while cleaning up the glasses and putting them into the cabinet.