chapter 15• interviews

The moon reflecting off the window

The breeze makes me feel calm.

Looking down at my phone, I look for any messages from anyone.

More like from her.

"How's M?" asked Sal.

Sal sat next to me fiddling with his rolex.

"She's hanging in there," I said.

I went to 'il mio amante' contact. (my lover)

Me- Amore, how're you feeling? Did you eat?

I sent that a few hours ago. I began to worry, but then I called Andre and he told me that Mia was still in the room.

Finally arriving at the house I got out of the car and told Sal to rest and that we'd talk in the morning.

Luka was out doing god knows what.

I just hope he isn't taking drugs again.

Luka has a bad history of being a drug addict and he landed himself in a coma after overdosing on fentanyl. I was in Sicily at the time and I made sure Luka came back to Italy as soon as possible.

The dickhead that gave Luka the drugs was killed by Damiano a few days later after Luka came to Italy.

Let's just be grateful my mother didn't find out.

It was 10:12pm and I instantly felt bad. I had spent a little too much time torturing him after pouring the acid. I had made small little cuts all over his hands and body just to make sure the acid went into his blood.

Sal and Luka tossed him into the shredder.

Heading to the kitchen I decided to make some Gnocchi. It's always been Mia's favorite Italian food.

Not for long.

"You cook? Since when?" said Sal from behind me.

I rolled my eyes. I turned around and smirked.

"I'm offended. You never made anyone food ever" said Damiano, standing next to Sal.

"Guess none of you are that special" I said, smirking.

"Then who are you making the second bowl for?" Sal said.

"Who do you think, idiot?" said Damiano with a smirk.

I could see the imaginary lightbulb on Sal's head light up.

Sal let out a gasp and put his hand on his heart.

"Wow. I never thought I'd live to see the day that my oldest brother is totally whipped for my best friend" said Sal. He wiped his imaginary tear away and I got the spatula and threw it at him. He ran behind Damiano and laughed.