chapter 27• rooftops

TW: Child abuse and alcohol

Vote, Comment and Enjoy!

The sound of the tree branches scraped against the small window.

The snow and wind mixed together to create a blizzard.

The small thin blanket was wrapped around my frail body, not helping at all.

The attic was freezing cold.

I looked down at the small locket in my hand. Auerilo had given it to me before he left. I miss him. I don't know where he went, all I know is he vanished.

One of the only people I could talk to, and trust is now gone.

The sound of a screeching tire filled my ears. I quickly got up and look out the small circular window.

A black car pulled up into a parking spot. A man got out of the car and came inside the apartment complex.

I furrowed my eyebrows. The sound of the front door opening caught my attention.

"She's in her room," said a voice.

Shit.

I quickly put the necklace inside the broken floorboard and pretended to sleep.

The creaking floorboards of the stairs made my heart thump. Not in a good way.

The screech of the attic door hitting the wall made me jump in surprise.

The reeking smell of alcohol and weed filled the room. "Oh, doll," slurred a voice.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why does this voice sound so familiar?

"I missed every inch of you," said the voice, as he came towards me.

Malvado.

I haven't seen him for a couple of months and I enjoyed every moment.

He shook me awake. I flinched as I felt his hand on my back. "Oh doll, if only I could have taken you with me," he said, as he grabbed onto my hand.

He turned me towards him and I instantly winced seeing him.

He ordered for me to sit up straight and I obeyed. He was too busy taking off his jacket and I took the chance to run.

Not making it too far, I was tackled to the ground. As a 13 year old with a big chest and no bra always frightened me in this household.

A nasty smirk came on his face. His body weight was against my fragile body. "Now, now doll," he said, grabbing a strand of my hair and playing with it.

"Why would you run?" he asked. The reeking smell of alcohol made me gag.

I couldn't bear the stench of the alcohol. I didn't answer because I felt as if I would pass out at the overwhelming stench.