chapter 31• borders

Hiya! Please check the Authors note at the end :) Enjoy xx

^ This song is so freaking good, we love Adele <3

Vote, comment, and enjoy xx

Papi Sal

The low mumbling of the car bounced around the silent car.

The bright lights reflected on to my eyelids and I internally groaned.

My eyes began to stir as we began to slow down.

I blinked a couple of times to see we were at the border of Canada and America.

There was a long line of cars waiting to get past the tolling booths. Mia moved in discomfort as her eyes started to open.

She yawned and looked around. I grabbed some water bottle from the cup holder and drank some.

Almana slowly opened her eyes. Her hair was all over the place. Her make up was messed up.

"Well, good morning sunshine," said Giovanni, looking at Almana through the rearview mirror.

Almana rolled her eyes. She reached for the Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey in the front.

Before she could grab the small bottle Narrati grabbed the bottle. "Now, now Allie, you're underage," said Narrati, looking at her and winking.

Narrati waved the bottle in front of Almana in a taunting way.

Almana tried grabbing it but failed.

Giovanni let out a deep chuckle.

Narrati finally handed her the bottle and gave her a wink.

"How far are we?" asked Almana.

"Thirty minutes," said Giovanni.

Giovanni started moving up ahead. Giovanni grabbed a bag from under his seat and handed it to me.

Narrati handed his gun to me, and I placed it in the bag. I put my gun in the bag. I still had two pocketknives on me. They were in my boots. One attached to my leg, and the other was at the bottom of my shoe. There was a small button to release the knife at the bottom in case of emergencies.

Just as I was about to put the bag back underneath Giovanni's seat, he told me to stop.

He scooted up in his seat and reached for his back. He got two of the guns and handed them to me.

I put them in the bag and rolled my eyes. "Extra much?" I said, trying to lighten the mood knowing he was pissed at me.

He glared at me through the rearview mirror.