chapter 30• wires

A/N: Comment, vote, and enjoy

The endless highway was filled with bright orange lights.

The darkness consumed the trees surrounding us.

I grabbed the steaming hot coffee cup and took a small sip.

I glanced at the rearview mirror to see only two cars. One was a Kia and the other was a Subaru.

They've been following me for a mile. I wasn't stressing it but was still aware of my surroundings.

The car started slowing down. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

I'm accelerating, why the hell is it doing the opposite?

The tank is full. There's no signs showing at all.

I took the closest exit and made my way towards a gas station.

Smoke started coming out of the car just as I parked. Mia slowly started getting up.

She blinked a couple of times and looked at the mess of the car.

"Come on Cherry," I groaned. I got out of the car and cursed.

Mia got out and scoffed. "Don't you dare," I said, glaring at her.

She smirked, "I told you so," she said, putting up her hair.

"Whoa there buddy," said a voice from behind me. "I think you're at the wrong place,"

A man with a red and black plaid shirt with a white shirt underneath came out.

"Yeah, no shit," I said, pissed off.

"Sal, chill out," Mia scowled at me.

Mia walked over to the car and opened up the hood of the car. The smoke started to die down. Mia sighed, "Do you know where the nearest auto repair shop is?" she asked, looking at the man.

"It's about 15 miles from here," he said, checking the time. "I can give a call to the tow truck,"

Mia nodded, "That would be great. Thank you," said Mia.

The man nodded, "Y'all can come on in and sit while I call Mincey," said the man.

Mia nodded. She turned around and looked at me. I rolled my eyes, as I grabbed her bag, my phone, and my wallet.

We went inside, and sat a small table near the registers. Mia leaned against the wall while sitting in the chair and closed her eyes.

"It's the engine," said Mia, looking at me. "There is some copper wires touching the engine, and the oil filler cap, it needs to be changed, but that's all I've been able to see for now"

I let out an irritated sigh. I wasn't angry at Mia. Mia always helped Mr. Wylie with his car. He taught her so many things about cars.

Mr. Wylie owns a small car shop back in town. Ever since they moved away, a new owner that they could trust was hired.