Chapter thirty-five.

Tw:Drug abuse, self harm, eating disorder.

Its been over five months. Cassia has never been any worse, mentally and physically. She weighted about 90 pounds due to drugs and the lack of food. She has been living in her grandma's house back in Florida.

James has been struggling to get custody of Billy. His mother and step father were abusing him but hid it very well.

"Please eat this?" Her grandma, Eleanor, gave her a bowl of spaghetti. Cassia stood up and threw it across the kitchen. "Cassia!" She shouted.

"Don't feed me." Cassia spat. "I don't deserve it." She walked out of the kitchen, putting on her worn out slip on vans. She walked out of the house and walked across the street to the drug house. "We've got crystal meth, cocaine—"

"Cocaine will be good for now." Cassia grinned. "Thanks." She walked out of the house and walked towards Miami downtown. She went into one of the public bathrooms in a restaurant and lined up the substance, leaning down and snorting cocaine.

Immediately getting a head rush, she stood up but fell. She laughed about it, already feeling the substance coursing through her blood stream. "That's it" she sighed to herself in content.

Immediately blacking out, she fell to the floor.

~~

"God dammit, Laurie, just let me pack his things! He doesn't deserve to live in this type of environment!" James shouted angrily as he threw piles of clothes in a bag for Billy. "I'm not letting my son stay here. Period." He zipped up Billy's bag and swung it over his shoulder. "Let's go Billy." He lifted Billy up and walked out of the house.

"I promise you, you will have a good life. Okay? You me and your new mom."

"New mom?" Billy asked.

"Yeah, her names cassia, remember?"

"sure." Billy chuckled. "I thought she was just your friend?"

"Something like that." James nodded his head. "She is gonna be an amazing mom."

Billy nodded his head. He hoped into the back seat and put his seatbelt on.

They arrived at James' house. "We're here.." he saw a black Audi in the driveway. "And looks like Steve Rogers and his wife Peggy Rogers is here too." He chuckled. He walked out and unbuckled Billy from his seat. "Let's go."

"The Barnes guys!" Steve shouted.

"Billy go look at the baby." James said before walking off with Steve.

"Any word from Cassia?" Steve asked, wrapping his arm around James' shoulder. James sighed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, man."

"I miss her." James frowned. "This is like not okay anymore."

~~

Cassia woke up in a hospital bed. "Huh?" She rubbed her eyes. "Grandma?"

"God dammit, Cassia!" She shouted, sobbing. Her wiped her tears with a tissue. She kicked the garbage bag beside her and cried. "Why are you doing this! I'm sure that man isn't worth all of this!"

Cassia frowned. She looked away from her grandma and started crying. "I—I'm sorry, I just need something to help me get my mind off of him."

"Look at you!" Eleanor shouted, pointing at Cassia. "You look like a skeleton! You need to eat! Please let me help you. Drugs aren't the way, Cassia. You're a beautiful girl, you can be anything you want nowadays and you choose to be a druggie? Hell no!"

"I love him."

"Okay then talk to him." Eleanor crossed her arms. She stared at Cassia with disbelief. "If he is the one then talk to him. You gotta realize that not everyone accepts a single parent, that's why he didn't tell you."

"But he knows what type of person I am! He knew me before we even dated, grandma!"

"Call him."

"N-no.."

"Yes." She grabbed Cassia's phone and looked through her contacts. "I dunno his name" she squinted her eyes. She went on messages and saw the amount of hearts and "love you's" there, she assumed it was him. "James?"

"Yeah.." Cassia sniffled.

"You guys should become friends and then ya know, maybe become the lovey dovey couple again." She tapped the dial button and walked over to Cassia, she handed her the phone and stood there with her hand on her hip for support.

"Hello? Cassia? Are you okay? Where the hell are you, Cassia, please.. let's talk?" He sounded so desperate and so worried. He just wanted to see her.

Cassia started crying, hearing his voice after five months was hard for her. "James.." she sobbed. "I'm sorry I just left." She cried.

"Baby, that's okay, I don't care anymore. You had every right. I lied, and I promise that was the only thing I ever talked to you about. I never lied about wanting to have kids, or marrying you."

Cassia chuckled, biting her lip. "Oh shut up.." she then frowned and realized what he's lied about.

She hung up.

"Cassia!" Her grandma shouted in annoyance. "Why'd you do that?"

"I got nervous."

"No way!"

"He's lied to me, he abused me. I need to get over him." She shook her head, turning off her phone immediately to not get distracted from James. "He needs to learn his lesson."

Eleanor chuckled, she grabbed Cassia's arms around wrapped her around them. "I love you, baby! But..that's not a valid point."

"Why?" Cassia asked.

"Why're you beating yourself up for it?"

Cassia shrugged. She looked up at the ceiling and gagged, the light making her feel extremely nauseous. "I don't know grandma." She mumbled.

"You're going back to New York, baby." Eleanor caressed Cassia's cheeks. "I love you but you need to stop being a little bitch."

"You're right." She frowned.

~~

James ran around the house as Billy ran away from him. "YoU not gonna catch me!" Billy giggled, shouting and running.

"Come here you bugger!!" James grabbed Billy and spun him around making him laugh hard. "Okay let's calm down now." He kissed Billy's cheek.

"I wanna meet Cassia!" Billy sat down on the large couch, his feet dangling. "She really pretty!"

"She's beautiful."