Chapter thirty-nine

"C'mon we're gonna be late to Tony's party" James mumbled, fixing his brown jacket

"C'mon we're gonna be late to Tony's party" James mumbled, fixing his brown jacket. He walked into his room where Cassia was. "What's wrong, Angel?" He walked over to her and stood between her legs.

"I'm just tired." She yawned. She looked up and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Can we just be there for a little?"

"Of course." He leaned down and kissed her. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah" she smiled. She stood up and fixed her tight red dress. "Let's go?"

"Yeah."

~~

They arrived at Tony's house, they walked into the backyard with their hands wrapped in each other's. "Do you want wine?" James asked Cassia.

"No, Im not really feeling it today. I'll just drink water" she went on her tippy toes and kissed his cheeks. "I'll go to the girls though." She walked towards Pepper, Peggy and Jasmine. "Hi!" She waved at them.

"Hey" Peggy side hugged Cassia. "You look so good! You've gained a little, I'm so proud of you." She eyes Cassia.

Cassia blushed, she looked at Jasmine. "You look good. You all look good!" She looked at the three girls.

Pepper grabbed another glass of wine and chugged it down. "I'm feeling like partying tonight, girls, I think I'm gonna go to Tony." She walked away.

Cassia walked towards Peter and smiled. "Hi."

"Hey" he smiled back. He looked around and saw James standing there with a couple of random girls. "How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm well." He nodded his head.

Cassia wrapped her arms around Peter. "Thank you for saving me that time." She whispered.

"Oh yeah, of course—" he stuttered. He had panic in his eyes. "I wouldn't want to like... you know something happening to you." He shrugged.

Cassia chuckled. "Of course."

Cassia walked up to Thor and waved. "Helloooo!" She laughed.

"Do you wanna sing?" He asked. "I haven't heard you sing in a long time."

"No I don't feel so well tonight"

"Oh okay"

~~

"Happy birthday, Tony!!" Everyone shouted. Everyone was around the table with the Chocolate cake that had candle lit up.

He was turning 54. "Oh god, so old!" Pepper teased, she picked Morgan up and walked over to Tony and places a soft kiss on his lips.

Cassia looked at Morgan who ran with a couple tiara's towards James and the two girl in front of him.  They were standing a couple feet in front the huge house beside a tree. 

James accepted the tiara from Morgan and put it on his head. Cassia looked at James and frowned, she felt tired and sick. "Let's go home?" She mouthed.

James eyebrows knit, he waved his hand in confusion. His lips were in a thin line as he stared just at Cassia.

Cassia walked over to him which made the two girls leave. "I feel sick, James can we go home?" She wrapped her arms around him.

"Okay." James kissed Cassia's forehead. "Let's go, baby"

Cassia wrapped her hand around his large one. They walked towards Sam who was feeding his baby. "Where y'all going?" Sam asked.

"She's not feeling well.." James tilted his head to look at Cassia. "We're gonna go home"

"Aw little woman is sick?" Sam pressed his hand on her forehead to calculate her temperature. "Since I'm a father I should know these things ya know"  he teased.

Cassia pushed his hand away. "Stop!" She laughed. She wrapped her arms around James' one arm. "Let's go babe.." she yawned.

"We've gotta go, she's sick"

~~

They were in the street on a red light, it was slightly raining outside. People having umbrella's on top of their bodies.

James looked at Cassia and frowned. "Angel what's wrong?" He squeezed her thigh a little bit. "Hm?"

Cassia shrugged, fixing her hair. "Just tired" she nodded her head. She looked at James and smiled at him.

"You sure? Wanna go for a walk?"

"Maybe.." she shrugged. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes, yawning. "I don't know why I'm so tired." She shrugged.

James chuckled. "It's okay baby"

~~

They got out of the car and walked onto the side walk in front of James' house. Cassia looked at the house and then back at James, her eyes filling with tears.

"Woah, Woah" James hugged her tightly. "Baby, what's wrong? You sure you're just tired?" His voice was soft and airy.

Cassia looked up at him and shook her head. "I'm sorry— I just feel weird." She sniffled, and wiped her tears. "Sorry.."

"No, don't be sorry. I'm glad you let those emotions go baby" he cupped her face. "I love you and don't you ever be afraid to cry in front of me okay? I love you" he whispered against her plump lips.

Cassia wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his. "I love you too, James." Cassia pressed her forehead against his. "I'm so fucking in love with you.."

"I'm so fucking in love with you too, Cassia Lavigne, and I can't wait till I marry you."

They went apart and held each others hands, cassia laying her hand on his shoulder as they walked towards the gate of James' house. The trees surrounding the large black gates.

They opened the gate and walked out. "I'm so sorry for acting like that."

"No baby, it's okay.."

Cassia bit her lip and smiled, looking on the ground as they walked. "You wanna marry me?"

"Yes." He said without hesitation.

Cassia grabbed his face and slammed their lips together. "God, I love you." She mumbled. "I wanna marry you too, James and I'm so happy that you wanna marry me too now."

James nodded his head.

They saw a figure in front of them. The height was scary because he was way taller than James, and he was slim. "Woah.." James pushed Cassia behind him.

"Well, well."

Loki, Cassia thought to herself.

She stepped beside James and stared at Loki. "What do you want?" She asked in a stern tone. "Hm? The hell could you want?" Cassia crossed her arms.

"I want you." Loki smirked sadistically as he walked closer to Cassia, his arms crossed. "Now come. This is just a phase baby, you don't love James. You love me."

"Keep telling yourself that." Cassia rolled her eyes.

"I'm warning you now, he's a bad guy." Loki mumbled. "You will regret this at the end."

Cassia laughed, she grabbed James' hand and kissed it. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Just watch."