Chapter sixty.

Cassia Lavigne

Cassia Lavigne

I stare at him in shock. He's standing there with Eden's body upside down, her head hanging down.

I run towards him and he immediately pulls away. "James please stop!" I panic. Her little hair strands hanging. "Stop it!"

James looks down at me and smiles. He hands me Eden and wraps his arms around me. "I've missed you so much, Cassia."

Is he okay?

I look at him and frown. His face seemed older, he seemed more stressed. "Are you okay?" I ask.

I know what he did and I'll never forgive him but i am worried for him.

James shrugs. He looks down at me and then at Eden. "How do you think? This is the first time I see you after a whole year.."

I look at Peter and smile. I walk over to him and kiss him on the lips. "Is it a bad thing that I'm worried?"

"No.." Peter chuckles. He looks at Eden and smiles, he presses his lips against her forehead.

"Dada!" Eden smiles once she sees Peter.

I walk up to James and slap him. "Why would you break into my house and take her away!" I yell. "You could've just called and asked to see her!"

James rolls his eyes. "Yeah like you'd let me see her."

"I would've but now I won't!" I lie. "Don't ever do that again do you understand? I was worried about her."

The cops walk up to me. "So we've decided that if this happens again then we'll take him." She said as she wrote it down. "So far he seems normal." She shrugs.

What.

"Um—but I—"

The cops walk out of the house. I walk towards the door and get out of the house. "Baby.." I look behind me and notice Eden in Peter's arms. I walk up to him and hug him. "I was so afraid." I admit.

"Me too."

We walk out of the house and I look at Eden who was just staring up at Peter while he spoke. "What's up baby?" I caress her head as I talk to her. "What a cutie!"

Peter laughs before wrapping his arm around my waist. "Let's go home."

"Home?" I furrow my brows.

"Hotel?"

"Please.."

My phone starts ringing so I grab it from my back pocket and see that it's Tony. "Hi, Tony.."

"Did you find her?"

"Yeah."

"Good, want to stay over at my cottage?"

"Please." I nod my head as if he can see me. "I'd love to."

"Alright. tell me when you're there and I'll unlock it for you."