Chapter 24

(Second Princess Gabriella above~)

Amira's POV

I felt like millions of needles were plucked out of my system once we were done with our task that has been stressing us out for days. Yet another wave of nausea hit me when I realized that the result for the first examination will be announced tonight at the banquet, in front of everyone . Just the thought of it made my feet cold with anxiety. I never get used to the attention.

The last time I have seen Moon was when she was watching us perform. I probably left my heart somewhere on the way. She looked satisfied and happy watching me. Remembering how she looked at me was the highlight of my night.

"You did well today, Amira." Miss Hyejin smiled curtly and I expressed my gratitude of her hard work with handpicked flowers I picked from the village garden. She has worked harder than all of us and she needs a token for it.

"Thank you for being patient with us Miss." I smiled and bowed at her.

"My, My, Are you trying to buy my favor?" She chuckled.

I quickly shook my head, "It's a small token of appreciation, Miss. For working hard and helping us pull this off well. Especially.... Helping me train to atleast be a bit more suitable to look like I'm of Moon's league." I jokingly replied.

"You're odd, Amira." She tilted her head in amusement. My brow knitted in confusion.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked. She shook her head as a reply.

"Amusingly odd. The last time I received flowers was when I won the Miss Iverton Pageantry but I somehow come to appreciate the handpicked flowers from a participant more." She smiled as she glanced at the bouquet I've given her.

I smiled in delight, "I'm glad you appreciate them Miss. I need to get changed now, the first lineup result will come out in 2 hours at midnight." I stated as I grabbed my designated dress from the closet prepared for me .

"Nervous?" She asked. I look back at her and pressed my lip into a thin line. Nervous would be an understatement, I am mortified. I'd either be kicked out or stay in the palace tonight depending on the result.

"I believe in you, Amira. Whatever the result is, I'm still proud of you." She smiled and pat my head. "Good luck." She waved before walking out of my room.

"Thank you for the flowers." She added before closing the door behind her. I sighed and looked at myself at the mirror before unbraiding myself, allowing the effects of the hairspray and the braided hairstyles make my hair unusually a little wavy tonight.

"Right, I need retouch." I muttered to myself as I picked up the make up brush.

_________

By the time I'm done pampering myself and re applied my make up, I walked down the halls to go back to the party.