Chapter 38

Marta's POV

    Everyone has come to an assembly. The elders who manage the Imperial house and the other aristocrats who are willing to squeeze in just to bring home something to gossip about.

    I don't believe Lady Amira pushed mama and papa down the stairs.

   I may be young but I know she has a pure soul just by looking in her eyes but mama had feed on my sister's thoughts. I could not believe it happened, even when I saw the only CCTV footage of the floor in the halls by the stairway, it's not an enough proof for me.

   I don't want to believe she did anything wrong unless I saw it with my own two eyes that she pushed them. There's not even an actual footage of stairway view so no one would know what really happened at the end of the halls.

   The administrators and elders of the palace only concluded that since Amira was the only person walking in that floor during that time, she could actually be the culprit.

  I stood by my eldest sister, Her Imperial Moon who was sitting on my father's throne and Sister Gabriella who stood behind me as she placed her hands on my shoulders.

  I glanced at sister Moon. She looks occupied. I can't imagine what would she be thinking right now. Her shoulders were tensed and her hands were balled into a fist.

   I cautiously placed my hand on her back to attempt to soothe her yet to my dismay, she remained cold and her face never once softened. It was as if she was about to join in a battle.

  My ears started catching on to muffled screams just outside the throne room where we are.

  The Imperial chief suddenly came inside as the other people looked at him expectantly.

  "We have brought the criminal, Your Imperial Majesty." He spoke.

   "Bring her in." Her words gave shivers down my spine. Her voice wrapping in cold and deadly tone made me glance at her. Why does she sound so different? Did she seriously believe my mother?

  I flinched when I heard Amira screaming  at them to let go of her and it felt like she was doing so for quite awhile due to how she sounded like she's out of breath. The throne room was silent and everyone could hear everything between the slightly parted door when a sound of a skin getting slapped made me jump in surprise as I took a step back. It got silent after.

  I look at my sister, Gabriella who had the same poker face as Moon. I don't want to stay here.

  The moment Lady Amira's figure was thrown infront of us. My heart clenched for her.

   Why does she have dirt covered on her body and a bruise on her cheek?!.... And... She lacks clothing.

  She's in nothing but soldier's coat.

  I couldn't watch Lady Amira's estate any longer. Her once bright eyes are now turning dull. Her face looked tired and scared.

   I quickly took of my blazer and ran to wrap it around her. The crowd gasped and screamed in fear as I wrapped myself on her body.

   "Sister, stop this!" I sobbed as I looked at Amira who sat here with mixed emotions as she stared at Moon. Her eyes pooled with tears and disappointment. She watched Moon who was looking at her animatedly and I know sister's expression have shredded her heart.

  "It would be a shame to kill her with a face and body like that."

"Maybe locking her in a brothel would be a fair punishment even there's still no proof it's her crime yet."