Chapter 37

Jacob's P.O.V

That double date night was quite an experience. I feel so bad for Renesmee because she liked Isaac, but now he's a dimwit for cheating on her.

When we arrived at her house, I noticed she was asleep, so I carried her in. While doing so, I saw Bella and Edward glancing back at us. They got up and approached me.

"What happened? Where's Isaac? Why does her face look all buffy?" Bella asked.

"Calm down. I'll tell you when I put Renesmee to bed." I responded.

I carried her down the hall and into her bedroom. Using my spare hand, I opened the door and entered. I placed Renesmee on the bed and removed her shoes. Next, I searched her drawer for a shirt and pants, removed her dress, and dressed her in the other clothes. I covered her, then left the bedroom to join Bella and Edward in the hall.

When Bella saw me, she asked with her hands on her hips. "So, what happened?" she asked.

"Well, the double date didn't go well," I responded.

Edward looked at me with curiosity. "What happened?" he asked.

"Well, Renesmee learned about Arianna and Isaac's fondness for one another. Renesmee got upset and ran out of the restaurant. I told her to go back inside to Isaac because he felt bad. Right before, she needed to go to the bathroom and fix her face makeup. But when Renesmee got to the bathroom, she saw Isaac kissing Arianna on the neck in the girl's bathroom. Renesmee then broke up with Isaac and ran out of the bathroom. She came to me asking me to take her home." I responded.

Bella's eyes widened. "Oh wow, is she okay now? Should I go talk to her?" she asked.

"No, she's fine. Let her sleep and talk to her in the morning," I responded.

Bella nodded, and Edward went to their bedroom, leaving the living room behind.

"Okay, well, what about you? Were you upset about Arianna cheating on you?" Bella asked.

"Huh, no. I only dated Arianna to get over Renesmee."

"Oh."

"Well, I had better go. Arianna is going to call me, asking for forgiveness."

"Do you plan to forgive and reunite with her?"

"Hell, no. I am better than that."

Bella nodded.

"Well, I'm going to go," I said,

I was going to leave when Bella yelled, "Wait!"

"What?" I asked.

"Will you stay with her?"

"Why?"

"For Renesmee. I know I shouldn't be saying this, but she needs you right now, and she would like it if you stayed with her tonight."

"Wha....what about?"

"It's fine tonight, Jacob."

With a slight smile, I nodded. I made my way down the hallway and returned to Renesmee's room. I shut the door and made my way to her bed. I removed my shirt and pants, then crawled beneath the covers. Renesmee reacted when I got under the covers. She moved closer to me and laid her head on my chest. Renesmee wore a grin while she was sleeping. She was so adorable when she slept. I brushed her hair away and kissed her forehead.

"Renesmee," I said, knowing she was awake now.

"Hmm." Renesmee said.

"You know I'll always be here for you."