Chapter 12

Renesmee's P.O.V

The next day, I saw my mom sitting on the couch, reading a book. I said, "Hey, mom."

"Hey, sweetie, how was your date last night?"

My eyebrows rose. Mom's pushing for me to date. "When did you want me to date?" I inquired.

"I don't. I want to know how it went. You are my daughter. I need to know," Mom responded.

"Well, it was amazing and different."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I've experienced nothing like this before, like being with Jacob. We don't do stuff like that."

"Renesmee, he took you to a Christmas Party. Is it different from what Jacob does with you?"

"Yes, Mason didn't take me to a Christmas party. He took me to an actual party."

My mom seemed severe. She had worries. "Mason took you to a party?" she inquired.

With a sorrowful gaze, I looked at my mom, feeling a pang of sadness. I said. "Yeah,"

"You know you're not allowed to go to one of those!" Mom yelled.

"I know, and I even told him that, but he didn't listen to me and talked me into it."

"So you did it anyway, behind my back?"

"He went behind your back, not me."

"So, you didn't know?"

"Yep."

"Okay, good that you told me this because if you hadn't, I would ground you."

"So, I'm not grounded?"

"No, but I don't want you hanging around that boy until I talk to your father. Then I bet your father will want to talk to Mason about this."

"Wait, you're telling dad?"

"Yes, I have to."

"Can you not and keep it to ourselves?"

"No, Renesmee."

Dad opened the front door. His footsteps echoed in the house. He said, "Good morning, ladies."

I greeted my dad with a gloomy tone, saying, "Hey, dad."

Mom approached him, giving him lots of affectionate kisses. "Renesmee has something to tell you," she mentioned.

My dad looked at me with a severe face. He asked, "What's wrong, Renesmee?"

Dad shot me a furious glance, upset. "Renesmee, what were you thinking?" he questioned.

"It wasn't my idea. It was Mason's,"

"Well, I don't want you talking or going near this boy again."

"Dad."

"I don't want you with someone who betrayed us, Renesmee."

"But, dad, what if you talk to him?"

Dad hesitated before saying, "Alright, but I need to talk to him before he visits you again."

"Alright," I said.

"Well, run along to your room."

I got up and sprinted to my bedroom.

Jacob's P.O.V

I visited Edward and Bella's house to see Renesmee. I'd worried about her all night, thinking Mason would harm her.

I arrived at their cute cottage and hurried towards the front door of their comfortable home. I knocked on the door, and Bella answered.

"Is she okay?" I asked.