Chapter 24

Renesmee's P.O.V

Oh my god, my grandpa was not supposed to see this. He was not supposed to see us together. His disclosure to my mom would anger her and keep me from seeing Jacob again.

I moved away from Jacob and shouted, "Oh my god!"

Grandpa walked towards us and looked at me with a surprised expression. He said, "Hello, Renesmee and... Jacob."

Looking at my grandpa, I wondered, "What brings you here?"

"I thought that, too. Why is your hand in Jacob's?" Grandpa asked, appearing disappointed.

"It's hard to explain, but if I tell you, you can't tell my parents."

"Alright."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I can keep lots of secrets. Now tell me what's going on."

"Jacob and I are sort of seeing each other behind my parents' back."

My grandpa looked at Jacob with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. He asked, "Aren't you too old for her? She's only fourteen."

"Well, yeah, but it's hard to explain."

"Don't worry, Jacob. Billy has told me everything since you revealed yourself to me."

"Oh, so he told you about our situation."

"Yeah, and when someone finds their soul mate, it shouldn't matter what age you are, right?"

"Yeah."

"And when did you imprint on Renesmee?"

"If I remember, it was around when she turned eight."

"Oh, so it's been a while?"

"I would only begin our relationship once she matured."

"And why did you start your relationship now if she isn't old enough?"

"That's the problem. We could start dating when Nessie turns eighteen. We broke the deal last night, so we're seeing each other."

"What's your plan, then?"

Jacob wrapped an arm around me, and I snuggled close to him. "Keep it a secret," he responded.

Grandpa looked disappointed and asked, "Kids, why didn't you wait? How can I hide these from your parents, Renesmee?"

"I don't know, but please give us a couple of days to figure out how to break the news," I pleaded, asking for some time.

"Okay, but you must inform them by the end of the week."

"Okay, thanks, grandpa."

I walked over to grandpa and hugged him.

Grandpa whispered in my ear, "You're welcome."

Right before I pulled away, grandpa whispered something else in my ear. "To simplify things, you could end it now and skip the worry of telling your parents."

"I can't, anyway."

"What do you mean you can't? Why not?"

"Well..."

I walked over to Jacob, and he wrapped his arms around me again.

"Well..." Grandpa said.

"WEKINDOFMATED!" I yelled.

"What?"

"She said we mated," Jacob responded.

"What's that?" Grandpa asked.