Chapter 30

Renesmee's P.O.V

Today, I'll go out with Isaac and have to go to school. So I got dressed, and I got Sophia dressed.

"Mommy, do I have to go to school today?" Sophia asked.

"Yes, Sophia, you have to go to school," I responded.

"Okay, but can you come to pick me up after school today?"

"I can't. I'm going out with a friend, sweetie."

"Please, mommy."

How can I resist this little girl?

"Okay, fine, I'll pick you up after school."

"Yea!"

Sophia jumped into my arms, and I hugged her. I finished getting Sophia dressed and headed out of the bedroom with Sophia in my arms. I headed to the kitchen and saw Jacob with my mom talking and laughing.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing," Mom responded.

I nodded and looked at Jacob with curiosity. "What?" he asked.

My look conveyed my curiosity.

"It's nothing," Jacob said.

My mom spoke before I could. She said, "Renesmee, we were talking like best friends."

"Yeah," Jacob said.

"Whatever," I said, walking over to the fridge and getting food for Sophia and me. "I'm going to pick up Sophia today, so don't worry about it."

I set Sophia down in the highchair to make her food.

"Why? I thought you had a date tonight?" Jacob asked.

I sensed his unhappiness in his tone when I mentioned going out with him.

"I do, but she wants me to pick her up," I responded.

Jacob nodded.

I gave Sophia her food, made mine, and ate it too.

"Well, I had better go," Jacob said.

"Okay, well, I'll see you after school," I said.

"Do you want me to care for her when you're gone tonight?"

"Yes, please, unless, mom, do you mind?"

Mom raised her hands and exited. So that's a no.

"I guess it's you, then," I said.

"Yeah, I don't mind," Jacob said, smiling at me.

"Thanks, Jacob."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him, and he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. We stood there, hugging, and it felt nice. I loved his hugs; they were so warm and inviting. I could never get enough of them.

After a minute, we pulled apart, and our eyes met. Our faces were inches apart. I had the urge to kiss, but I couldn't. I have a new date with someone, and I agreed to wait with Jacob.

"I should go," I said, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah, you better go," Jacob said.

I threw away mine and Sophia's trash, picked her up, and grabbed mine and her bag.

"Bye," I said.

"Bye, Nessie," Jacob said with a smile.

I exited the kitchen and approached the door. Sophia talked to me as I reached the car and buckled her up. "You have a crush on Jacob," she said.