Chapter 16

Renesmee's P.O.V

I'm dressed and ready to go sightseeing with Mason and his mother. We headed out, and I saw nothing more beautiful while sightseeing. Mason also took me to an art museum called Pinacoteca e Museo Civico. The paintings were unique and lovely.

"How did you pay for this?" I asked.

"Well, we are rich," Mason responded. "Back home. I live in a mansion."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me you live elsewhere?"

"I didn't think you needed to know."

"So, why did you come to Forks?"

"No reason."

"Come on, tell me."

"Oh look, we're here. I want to show you around."

Mason pointed at a castle-enjoyable building. It had a tower at the top and a bell inside it hanging.

He dragged me to the entrance of the building.

"Where are we going?" I inquired.

"To Palazzo Dei Priori." Mason responded.

"Oh, what do you do here? It looks creepy?"

"Oh well, there are places to sightsee and eat at."

"Oh."

As we walked in, it was quiet. No one was present in the vicinity. Jacob's face popped into my mind. Thoughts of him consumed my mind, and I couldn't understand why. I thought about what Jacob said. Were they planning something against me? Jacob does not lie to me ever, so it must be true.

"I thought this place was for tourists. But it's empty," I commented.

"That's because they don't hang out here," Mason responded.

As I walked down the hall with Mason, my eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, and I was eager to unravel the mystery. Upon entering the elevator, the doors revealed people wearing black cloaks. I couldn't see their eyes because they hid them under their hoods, and walking past them felt eerie.

While we were walking, a young individual approached us. I grabbed Mason's hand tight and stayed close to him.

"Welcome, right this way." The woman said.

"Who is that?" I asked as we followed her into a room.

"She's a secretary and works here," Mason responded.

"Oh, but why isn't she wearing a black cloak?"

"She doesn't need one."

"Oh."

The woman opened the door, inviting us inside. She closed the door, and as I looked back, fear gripped me. I turned to Mason, who wore a mischievous smile.

"Why are you grinning like that? It's kinda creepy," I remarked.

I observed where Mason was gazing, and I was in shock. My eyes widened at what I had seen. The people from my childhood were here. "Mason, what's this? Why did you take me here?" I inquired.

"You'll see,"

A person stood up and walked towards us. As he came closer, he removed his hood, revealing his face. I noticed his red eyes. Aro appeared. He had a mischievous expression on his face. "Hey, guys! Look who we found - another Cullen," he exclaimed.

"What's happening here? Why am I here?" I questioned.

Aro approached me. "Mason brought you here for me," he acknowledged. "Thanks, Mason. You can leave now."