Chapter 22

The content includes mature content. Read at your own risk!

Renesmee's P.O.V

The next day, I woke up with Sophia in my arms. I kissed her on the forehead and laid her flat in bed. I then tested my ability to stand up. I stood up on my feet, and I could stand. I walked to the bathroom to pee. I then stripped down and showered. After washing my hair and body, I grabbed my towel and dried it off. While doing that, I heard noises outside my bedroom. Surprised, while in a towel, I saw Jacob with Sophia. I breathed in relief that Sophia was okay.

"Hey," I said.

Jacob looked at me and said, "Hi."

I walked over to my dresser, seeing eyes watching me as I grabbed underwear and a bra. I then walked over to my closet.

"You know, you left Sophia alone on the bed," Jacob said.

"I was showering, and she was asleep," I explained.

Jacob walked into the closet and spoke. "Something could have happened to her; by the way, she was crying,"

"I didn't hear her," I responded.

"I can see that. You know, this cannot be a daily routine."

"I know, and it won't be."

"You know you should get yourself a baby cam or a monitor?"

"We'll see."

"I'm serious."

"Alright."

I got dressed, walked out of the closet, and found Sophia crying, so I took her from Jacob. I walked over to my bed to set her down, and Sophia stopped crying and looked up at me with her cute little eyes. Jacob walked over to me and stood next to me in surprise.

I looked at Jacob with curiosity. I asked, "What?"

"She's so calm. How did you do that?"

"I don't know. I set Sophia down, and then she stopped."

"Are you sure? Babies can't become that calm."

"I'm sure."

Jacob nodded and smiled at Sophia. I glanced at Jacob, curious. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm amazed at this. It must be a mother's connection to her child or something."

"Yeah, it could be. It could be a mother-daughter thing."

"Or that you are both our half-vampire and half-human."

"Shh, I don't want her to hear that."

"Why not?"

"I don't want her to know she's a half-vampire until she's older."

"Why? She will find out soon enough."

"I understand, but I prefer to keep her unaware. I want to avoid discussions about werewolves or vampires in her presence."

Jacob nodded and asked, "What about your family?"

"I don't want her to know what they are," I responded.

"Okay."

I glanced down at her, fast asleep. She remained oblivious to this. I took her to her crib, which my family must have retrieved for me, and laid her down on her back. I walked away from her and approached Jacob, who looked expressionless.

I looked at Jacob, curious. I asked, "What's wrong? Are you alright?"

Without uttering a word, Jacob took a seat on the bed. I settled beside him and ran my hand up and down his back.