Chapter 10

Renesmee's P.O.V

Three hours later...

Mason was coming to pick me up at five. I felt a mix of excitement and nervousness brewing inside me. It will be my first date with someone I've met.

I got undressed and took a shower to clean my hair and body. After I finished, I wrapped a towel around my waist. Then, I went to the bathroom counter to brush my hair. I then left my bedroom and saw Jacob on my bed. I tightened the towel around me and asked, "Jacob... what are you doing here?"

"Sorry if I surprised you. I didn't know if you were out of the shower yet," Jacob responded.

"It's okay, but please never come into my bedroom when I'm not dressed."

Jacob said nothing but nodded. I walked to my closet and picked out something to wear.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" I asked. "Mason will arrive in 45 minutes."

Jacob approached me and said, "I came to talk to you about that."

"What about it?" I asked.

Jacob didn't speak for a moment, and I grew curious. "Please tell me this isn't about our date. I promise I will let you know if anything goes wrong," I pleaded.

I picked a lime green, white, and black shirt with skinny jeans. Then, I got my white jacket and laid everything on my bed. Jacob asked me, "What if you can't call on time?"

I spun around, startled by Jacob's sudden closeness. "Don't worry, I'll be fine," I reassured him.

"I'm not sure if I can believe that," Jacob expressed.

I gestured for Jacob to hold my hand, reassuring him. "Nothing will happen," I promised.

A sigh escaped Jacob's lips as he nodded his head in understanding. He looked into my eyes, filled with concern. "I can't bear anything happening to you," he said.

Jacob's eyes softened, showing vulnerability. This made him seem more approachable and human, but he feared losing me.

I sighed. "Do you trust me?" I asked, waiting for a response.

"Yeah, of course, I trust you. But, unfortunately, it's Mason I don't trust," Jacob responded.

"I'll get to know him, and if Mason does anything, I'll call you."

I looked away from Jacob and took my clothes from my bed. I gave Jacob a look, showing he should leave the bedroom. "Jacob, I need to get dressed," I stated.

Jacob nodded and said, "I'll wait in the living room."

"Why must you wait for me?" I inquired.

"Well, I told Mason to pick you up at the main house, so I'm walking you there."

"Oh, okay."

I closed the door when Jacob left, grateful for the privacy to get dressed.

Jacob's P.O.V

Bella approached me in the living room. She asked, "Did you convince her not to do it?"

I sighed. "No, but I have to trust Renesmee. I have to trust that she'll be fine," I said.

Bella nodded. She said, "I'm so worried if something happens to my baby girl."

I nodded and said, "I know."

"So, do you know where he's taking her? She didn't tell Edward and me," Bella asked.

"No, she never told me either."