Chapter 17

Renesmee's P.O.V

Jacob carried me to my bedroom as we arrived home, cradling me in his arms. He placed me on the soft bed and tucked the surrounding blankets. Jacob then leaned down to kiss me on the head, and before Jacob left my bedroom, I grabbed his arm. He glanced at me, his expression questioning.

"Jake," I said.

"Yeah," Jacob said.

"Will you stay with me?"

"Huh... I don't know."

"Please, no one's home, and I don't like to be alone; besides, I'm freezing, so..."

Jacob sighed and said, "Okay."

Jacob climbed into bed, and I could feel the warmth of his body as he curled up next to me under the covers. I surprised him by snuggling up to him, resting my head on his chest, and hearing the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. Hesitating for a second, he embraced me.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you," I admitted.

"It's okay, Nessie. Don't worry; it's not a big deal," Jacob reassured her.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I knew you wouldn't have believed me anyway because you love Mason."

I met Jacob's gaze with a guilty expression. I got off his chest and gazed down at him.

"Jacob, I have to tell you something, but you cannot tell anyone, not even my parents," I said.

"Why? What did you do?" Jacob asked.

"It's something bad."

"How bad?"

"I can't quite say it, but you'll think I'm foolish once I tell you."

"No, I won't."

"Believe me, you won't want to see me again."

"Fine, tell me, I won't. But I promise I will go along with whatever you say."

"Okay, hum."

As I was about to speak, a sharp kick struck my stomach, different from previous experiences. I grabbed my stomach, and Jacob looked at me with unease.

"Jacob, can you spare a moment?" I inquired.

Jacob nodded, his lips pressed together in a tight line. I leaped out of bed, feeling the cold floor beneath my feet, and went to the bathroom. I felt nauseous and shut the door. I sprinted to the toilet and expelled the contents of my stomach. As I emptied my stomach, my mind raced with thoughts about what was happening to my body. Could I indeed be pregnant? I couldn't be. I'm too young to be pregnant.

After a minute, I got up and went to brush my teeth. I then looked in the mirror and saw my reflection staring back at me. I looked healthy, with no signs of illness. I then looked at my shirt and lifted it to look at my stomach. My mouth gasped as I realized I had grown in size. Can one grow this much overnight?

A minute later, I heard someone knock on my door. Jacob asked, "Are you okay, Ness?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Need me to grab anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Alright, can you open the door for me, though? I want to see you."

"Okay."

I placed my shirt back down. Then I opened the door. When I opened the door, Jacob stood right before me. Jacob examined me, and I walked past him to sit on my bed. I asked him, "What?"