Chapter 38

Beware of mature content in this chapter.

Jacob's P.O.V

As we arrived at my driveway, memories from earlier flooded my mind as I placed my helmet down. Jackass believes he can make a comeback by kissing her to win her over. Yeah, right? Would Renesmee return to someone like that? I brushed it off as Renesmee exited the motorcycle and flashed me her beautiful smile. I mirrored her smile and held her hand. Again, I felt those sparks and then my wolf, wanting control. I always needed to explain who my wolf was. His name is Amarok, and like I said before, Sam and I only have wolves because we're alphas. He has told Emily about his wolf, but I haven't told Renesmee yet.

"Amarok, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I want her. We can make it happen." Amarok responded.

"I know, but are you crazy? If we mate, we will finish the mating process. So it's better if we don't until we are together and married. Besides, we couldn't keep this from her parents."

"I know, but it's hard. I want Renesmee right now."

"I know me too, but a little longer, please."

"If I reach my breaking point, I'll take charge and mate with her, and you won't be able to intervene."

"Alright, but please, if this happens, kindly be careful. We haven't made love in months, and I want it to be special."

"Fine."

"Good."

"Jacob, Jacob." A beautiful voice said.

My eyes returned to their standard color, confusing Renesmee. She stared at me, and I returned her gaze with curiosity. I inquired, "What?"

"You...your," Renesmee tried to say something but couldn't.

"My what?"

"Your eyes. They turned black or a darker color. Is that supposed to happen? I thought your eyes show a yellow ring around your eyes when your wolf came out."

"It shows a yellow ring around my eyes when my wolf wants out, but this is different. My eyes turn gray when I talk to my wolf in my head."

Renesmee's eyebrows raised. She asked, "You can talk to your wolf?"

"Yeah, and sometimes he wants you, like right now," I responded.

"That's weird,"

"Yeah, you think, but I understand. You're my wolf's imprintee. Of course, he's going to want you."

Renesmee's expression became doleful as we entered my house. "What do you mean, his imprintee?" she asked. "What about you? Do you desire me as much as your wolf?"

Witnessing sadness in her eyes was unsettling, especially when it concerned Renesmee. It made me and our wolf sad as well.

"Of course I want you. I love you." I responded.

"How can I believe you after hearing this? What if you never imprinted on me? You wouldn't want me and have never fallen in love with me."

If she wasn't my imprintee, would I still have fallen in love with her? Renesmee means everything to me, so I've chosen not to dwell on that. With her help, I was thankful and could move on from my feelings for Bella.

Before I could say anything, Nessie ran into the house, leaving me behind.

"Nessie!" I yelled.

She didn't respond. Paul entered, his face filled with worry, and I gazed at him with a curious expression. "Paul, what are you doing here?" I asked.