Chapter 7

Renesmee's P.O.V

The following day, I felt trapped once more, suffocated by the weight of confinement. The new vampires arrived, and my choices were hunting or staying in the cottage or the main house. I felt bored, so I spent most of my time sitting on the couch, watching T.V.

I heard the door open. I turned and saw my mom's worried face coming closer to me. She asked, "Why are you alone?"

"I have no other obligations, so I enjoy leisure time alone," I responded.

My mom came over and sat next to me on the bed. I could feel her love and concern. "Honey, you shouldn't be here alone. Jacob told you to stay indoors, but we didn't mean hanging in your room alone. Esme and I are making sugar cookies for Christmas, and you could help," she said.

I looked at my mother, puzzled. "You never eat cookies," I remarked.

"I know, but you and Jacob do."

I nodded my head.

As my mom stood up from the bed, I could hear the creaking of the mattress springs. She said, "Let's go."

"Alright," I said.

I got up, and we headed to the main house.

Jacob's P.O.V

I discovered our packs in the kitchen at Emily's place. Sam asked if they had contacted me.

"No, but I keep getting their scent everywhere. So every morning I'm out," I responded.

"They are likely hunting during the night before we wake up."

My eyes met Embry's and Quil's, their expressions mirroring my curiosity. I asked them, "Will you both come with me?"

"Sure." They both said.

I stepped outside, sensing their presence. I faced Embry and Quil. "We're on the night shift to hunt vampires," I stated.

"Alright." They both said.

"Can you tell Seth and Leah when you see them? I need to check on Renesmee at the Cullens."

"Alright."

"Thanks. Well, I got to go. Bye,"

"Bye."

As they went back inside, I revved up my motorcycle and set off towards Cullen's house.

Renesmee's P.O.V

While Esme hunted with the rest of the family, I assisted mom with baking the cookies. I felt terrible that my mom had to stay there to watch me. She should go.

"Mom, I got this. You can leave now. I'll be okay," I reassured her.

"Are you sure?" inquired Mom.

"Yeah."

"Alright."

My mom washed her hands with warm water and dried them with a towel, ensuring each finger was dry. Then she walked over to me and kissed my head. She said, "I'll see you later."

"Alright," I said.

After my mom left the kitchen, I cleaned the dishes and baked the cookies. While doing this, I heard footsteps in the kitchen. I hesitated to turn around because of uncertainty about the person present. I felt a faint breath against my neck, which surprised me and made me shiver. I then heard that familiar voice whisper in my ear.

"Guess who it is?" Jacob whispered.

I smiled and guessed. "My best friend," I responded.

"Lucky guess."