Work

When I wake up the following morning, my head is spinning, my stomach feels like it's been hit, ran over, whatever. Ugh. The joys of a morning after.

I open my eyes to sun light beaming through the room.. it takes me a second.. wait.. This isn't my room? Where the fuck am I?

I notice some clothes on the side table next to the window.. those aren't mine?

I sit up in the bed and try to ease the pain in my head. Wow I feel I'm dying.

The smell of breakfast suddenly catches my attention so I get dressed in the clothes on the side, not sure who's they are but I'm guessing they were for me. I make my way downstairs, and towards the kitchen and that's when I'm stopped in my tracks.

Nathan?! I spot him standing by the coffee machine. His back to me when he hears me, he turns and flashes me a smile.

"Ah.. Good Morning. How is the head?" He asks.

Why the fuck am I in his house?!

"Sore.. have you any painkillers?" I ask.

"Yeah.. here.." he reaches in a cabinet and pulls them out, passing them to me with a glass of water.

"Thanks.." I swallow them and hold my head in my hands.

"How much do you remember about last night?"

"Not a lot.. I think maybe when we started the shots.. but after that.. nothing.. and I have no fucking clue why I'm in your house.."

"You don't remember?" He questions again and looking quite confused.

I shake my head.

"Nothing at all?" I shake my head again at his questions.

"Oh.." which makes me give him a look.

"Why? What happened? Please don't say I did anything embarrassing.."

"Uh.. no.. not at all..I.. just.." he stutters. Not sure why he's so suddenly.. should I say nervous?

"Just tell me what happened?"

"Ok.." he places the breakfast in front of me, whilst taking the seat next to me at the table.

"You were at the bar with your friends and they kinda.. left you? You were stood alone when some.." he looks at me and takes a deep breath.. "man.. tried to.. get you to leave with him.."

Wait what? I don't remember this at all..

"I was leaving  the bar just down the street from where you were, I saw what was about to happen so I stepped in, the guy left you alone and I brought you back here.. you were pretty shaken up.."

"Oh.. did he hurt me?" I ask with worry.

"No.. I stopped him before he could.."

"Well.. thank you guess.."

He flashes me a soft smile and I try to ignore him. The more I look at him the more I'm finding him attractive, and I know I'll get lost in those eyes.

"So.. where's your daughter?" I ask him after trying a bit of the food, but I can't really face eating so I push it to one side.

"Her boyfriends, it's just us.."

"Oh.. So who's are these?" I point to the shirt I'm wearing and sweat pants.

"They're mine. Just some old clothes I don't wear anymore.. so sorry if they're a bit big.."

"Yeah they are a little.. but thank you. I appreciate it.."

"No trouble at all.."

"Can I ask another favour?"