Twice

"So do you miss me?" I ask as we walk through a nearby park after our lunch together, we have about 20 minutes before lunch break ends so we decide to take a walk.

"Of course.. why do you ask?"

"Just wondered.."

I can feel his eyes on me as I look down to the floor, holding my hands together as we walk, but notice his move out of his coat pocket and he holds it out for me to take. Although I hesitate for a slight second, I kindly accept it and he interlocks our fingers. His strong hand covering mine. This is perfect.

"I miss you and your gorgeous smile, and wonderful laugh every day...nothing has been the same since you got moved.. but knowing I get to see you, like now, or after work then it makes the day worth while.."

"I hate it, and you're right I am jealous of you with her. Seeing you together this morning, it just felt like I was being replaced, I'm sorry.."

"You're not going to be replaced, I promise.." he lets go of my hand as we stop by a fountain. He turns to looks at me and places a kiss on my lips, that soft warm feeling from the connection, oh how I've missed him.

"Someone could see.." I try to interrupt but he smirks against my lips as I feel him wrap his arm around my lower waist to pull me closer to him, my arms raise to rest on his chest.

"Let them see, I don't really care.." he connects our lips again and I can't help but smile.

"Mmm.. Mr Gardner.."

"You are.. still coming to mine tonight right?" He asks as we part for air and we walk over to a near by bench.

As I sit down he sits rather close to me that our knees are touching, I blush as the contact. He's a hopeless romantic and it's rather cute.

"Yes I told you I would.. if you still want me.."

"Always.." again he wraps his arm around me and rests his hand on my shoulder.

Unfortunately for me, our little venture comes to an end just 5 minutes for the bell for our afternoon lessons. Although we do arrive back together, no one really questions us on the outing. For all they know, it's two teachers out for lunch.

As we walk down together and he reached his room first, he stops at the door to watch me continue to walk, I turn to face him as I reach the door, he flashes me a wink and I blush like a little school girl. Feeling all giddy inside, I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, and smile back at him, he bites his bottom lip and lets out a big sigh before disappearing into his room.

"You're late" is what I get from Ms Davis when I go inside. Wait I'm not am I? I quickly check my phone..

1:07pm.

Oh shit. Did he know we were late?!

"I'm sorry I didn't realise the time I.."

"We'll discuss this after everyone's gone, don't worry about it now"

I nod and go back to sit at my desk, luckily the students haven't said anything and I get on with my work, without saying a word all afternoon.

I don't mind the looks I get from her all afternoon, this is more than me being late back I'm sure of it.

My overthinking starts, I'm sure she knows of me and Mr Gardner. Would it really be such a problem? We're both adults!

I try to smile to her when she looks my way but absolutely nothing back.

The day comes to an end and all the students start leaving the room and as I'm packing the things away, my nerves start to kick in, I notice my hand shaking as I pick up some work..