Jealousy

The first few days away from Nathan were actually not so bad. Although the days were long, having him wait for me at the end of the day is something to look forward to.

"You ready for a new day?" He tells me when I get in the car on a cold November morning.

"Yes.. it's nearly the weekend so.."

"Indeed.." he leans toward me and places a kiss on my lips.

"I can't wait to see you.. I miss working with you.."

"I know, I know.. but we have all weekend to be together.."

When we arrive at the college, Nathan is called into a meeting so I make my way down to the classroom I'm in. I don't get a chance to say goodbye but promise I'll see him at break.

"Good Morning.." I say when I enter Ms Davis' room.

"Ahh Katie! I need you to look after Liam next lesson, he's struggling with his work, so if you could sit with him that'll be great.."

"Yeah of course, not a problem.." I nod. Her class is pretty cool.

The morning couldn't end quick enough, I'm counting down the seconds until the bell goes to alert us it's break time.

I grin to myself knowing who I'm going to go visit.

I hurry out and head down to the hallway to his classroom.

And when I turn into his door that's already open, I see the back of him, leaning back in his chair..

But my focus is on the girl he's talking to, sitting at my desk..my old desk! Who the fuck is this girl? My jaw is nearly touching the floor.

"Hi.. may I help you?" She asks me when she looks up from whatever joke she and Nathan are sharing. This obviously makes Nathan turn around in his seat a little to face the door. His face looses the happy, laughing smile when he catches my eyes.. 

"Sorry.. no I was just looking for a student, but looks like they already left.. sorry for interrupting.." I say and quickly shift out of their view. I hear Nathan call my name but I ignore him and head back to the classroom.

Wow he didn't waste much time.

My heart is beating loudly, my stomach feels like I could throw up. But I can't let me see I'm bothered by it.

I'm not jealous at all by the way, that she was laughing with him, sharing the same jokes he shared with me, her sitting so close to him in my chair, smelling his wonderful aftershave scent.

"Miss Jones! Back from your break already?"

I nod going straight to my desk at the back of the classroom, playing with the pen that's still out on the desk. I just sit and wait for the next class. It feels like the longest break ever. Knowing I'll have to face him at lunch. But what if she's there? What if he's treating her the same way he did me?

I'm sure she won't be able to resist his charm either.

What a mess.

"Mr Gardner? Can I help you?" I hear Ms Davis call from the front. I look up and he's standing looking over to me, his hands behind his back, he flashes me a smile, before turning to face her.

"Yes I wanted to have a quick word with Miss Jones.. if you'll spare her a minute?"

"Oh.. yes sure.. got actually.." she checks her watch.. "another 12 minutes before the students come back.."

He turns back around to face me and I frown at him, he just couldn't wait.

"Great.. Miss Jones.. please.." he motions to the door and I stand from the desk, following him out.