The Letter of Surprise.

"I can't believe it, so come on! Give me the details!! How did he ask?"

"Well, he just did it? It wasn't romantic or anything.. just went off a feeling I guess.. and I said yes.."

"Oh my god! My little sister is getting married.."

"I know! Can you believe it? Soon we'll both be married, with the men of our dreams.."

"I'm so happy for you.. so.. are you..going to tell let Mom & Dad know?" My sister asks on the phone a few days later, after I told her our good news.

"I.. hadn't really thought about it.. I guess.. I.."

"I could tell them if you wanted me to? Or we could call over one day.. the two of us.. we can.."

"No.. no.. I can't face them.. I'd rather just tell them on the phone or something.. I don't know.."

"Do you want me to tell them?"

"No! God they'd hate me even more if they find out their daughter is engaged to a man they hate from someone else..I'll do it.. somehow.."

"You'll have to tell them soon, because I'm going there in a few weeks and I won't be able to keep this quiet for much longer.."

"I know.." I give a little chuckle, before sighing again.. "I'll write to them.. tonight, and I'll explain it all.. I just hope they accept it..and maybe.. just maybe they'll come around.. and forgive me.."

"Forgive you? Why? What makes you say that?"

"I don't know, sometimes I feel guilty that this all happened because I fell in love.."

"Oh sis, you can't he'll who you fall in love with.. no matter who it is, if that's who you love, that's all that matters.."

"I wish they had the same mindset as you.. sadly I don't think they'll ever change their mind, no matter how hard I try.."

"Well that's all you can do, is try.. but the ball back in their court.. and take it from there.."

"Yeah.. I guess.."

"Anyway! When are we planning this wedding? We've got dresses to look for!"

"Whenever you're next here we can make a start.. we've already discussed a date.. and venue, just need to go over a few things before it's all confirmed..."

"Oh this is so exciting!!"

My sister couldn't have been happier for us, she and Susan are the only people we've really told so far, we haven't told anyone at work yet. We will eventually but trying to keep it quiet just for a few more days to enjoy it really has been good. Nathan has turned up the loving, he's super happy about the wedding, and will take any chance he can just to give me a kiss, and hold me for a few moments. I think he can't believe I said yes, after all the sulking he did, thankfully he's back to being his normal self.

Later than night, after my sisters phone call, Nathan and Susan are out, and I have the house to myself. It gives me time to think, about everything the wedding, Nathan.. but mostly my parents, and what they would think.

Before sitting down on the couch, I took a pen and paper, and started writing, figuring it was the only way I would express how I feel to my Mom & Dad without seeing them, or actually speaking to them..I couldn't say these words face to face, I would be an emotional wreck... so this is the best I can do..

After many many attempts, with scrunched up balls of paper thrown in the middle of the floor, I finally had my letter wrote out, with all the words I wanted to say, ready to post to them the next morning, so just before I go to put it in the envelope, I give it another read over it..