Us Against The World

"I'm nervous.."

"Don't be, it'll be fine.. they wouldn't have invited you if they didn't want to see you.."

"I know but.." I try but his hands cups my cheek, softly stroking it with his thumb.

"I'll be right beside you every step.." he tells me sincerely.. and I can feel the nerves slowly washing away.. "Both of you.." his other hand lifts up my shirt a little and rests on my stomach.

"I love you Nathan.." I quickly steal a kiss.

"And I love you.. now come on, let's go.." he takes my hand and leads me to the car.. I'm not going to lie the whole journey my nerves come flooding back, Nathan must sense it as whenever he's stopped, his hand for the gear stick, shifts to my knee to give it a little rub.. just to let me know he's here.. I feel sick, and I'm not sure if it's the baby, the nerves, or my breakfast... but my hands won't stop shaking!

"Well.. here we are.." he pulls up in the street outside my parent's place.. "You ready?"

"No.. not really.. is this a good idea?!"

"It will be, if this is them showing they're sorry.."

"But you.. I don't want you to.."

"Baby, I'm a big boy.." he starts and I can't help but smirk.. "Stop it.." he warns before continuing where he was going with it.. "I can look after myself and if your parents never accepted me, it's cool.. because I have all the people I need now.. you.. Susan.. and our little one.."

"Yeah but.."

"No buts.. we go in there.. and we show them they were wrong, we are strong, we are so in love.. and nothing is going to change that.. okay?"

"I guess.." I smile, before stealing a kiss again.. "Okay.. I'm ready.. let's do this.."

When we're both out of the car, he takes my hand in his, interlocking our fingers so his grip is tight.. he doesn't want to let go. We make our way to the front door, and Nathan gives the bell a press.. we wait anxiously for someone to answer..

"It's gonna be alright sweetheart.." Nathan whispers just before the door opens..and to our surprise it's my sister..

"Hey guys!" She greets us both with a hug.."Come in.. we're all just out back.."

We both follow her loosely behind to my parents yard, and that's where we see them, they're both sat together with Jordan and Gareth.. they all turn and look our way when they hear my sister talking..

"Look who I found.." my sister speaks proudly..before she takes her seat next to Gareth.

"Uncle Na!!" Jordan shouts excitedly, making us both relax a little.. as he stumbles off his seat and runs over to us, sadly for me.. he runs straight over to Nathan who picks him up..

"Woah hello you!" Nathan greets him.. "You're getting big.."

"The boat!" His little excited voice shouts.. "Boat!!"

"I didn't bring it this time.. but when you come to visit I may have a new one for you to try out.. would you like that?" Nathan asks and Jordan nods.. "Good boy.."

My mom decided to come over to greet me.. and surprisingly it's not as awkward as I thought it would be.. at least she's making the first move.

"Katie.. oh it's so good to see you.." she looks at me before offering her arms out for a hug.

"And you, mom.." I hug her back.. "I missed you.."

"And we've missed you too.." she tells me.. just as my dad stands up, my heart starts to race as he walks over to us, I'm expecting a full on drama but thankfully all he does is offer his hand out to Nathan.