Droplets Down The Window

I checked the whole room but the diary wasn't there, I rushed to the drawing room, but it wasn't there either. As I was looking for the diary, a thought struck my mind. "I swear if it's her... I can't even do anything. "I rushed to Mihoko's place, "Stealing the diary while you're asleep? Nope, Not gonna do it like that" She sounded really convincing.

I was really confused and worried because I had almost 6 months of my life in that diary. So I headed over to Anli's. As I entered her room, I saw her going through the diary.

"NO, DID YOU ACTUALLY STEAL THAT?" I exclaimed. As I snatched the diary from her, I saw that she read the latest page.

"I didn't, actually. I saw that your main door was opened, so I went to your room, I saw you were having a nice nap, so I just stayed there and went for a read. And then I came back here. YOU SHOULD THANK ME THAT I STAYED THERE, or somebody could have robbed you." She was looking so mugged.

"Yeah, thank you so much but I don't see the necessity for reading the diary here." I said, sarcastically.

"Well, you gotta give me something for that kindness of mine, don't you? Anyways, so you like her? Why am I even asking you, of course you like her. Everything in the diary is about her, since the day she came here." I was so mad at her, but I did need somebody to talk to about my own feelings.

"I don't even know if she likes me back." I said, sitting on the bed.

"I can help you finding that out!' She exclaimed, standing on the bed, folding her arms.

"Thank you so much...?"
"I'm still pissed off about the fact you didn't tell me that you liked her." Anli said while I was leaving. When I got to my door, I see Mihoko standing there, with her phone. THROWING HER PHONE AT ME, she says "I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR HOURS, BUT YOU JUST, DON'T PICK UP CALLS!" She started shouting at me. "EVEN MY PHONE BROKE BECAUSE OF YOU!" After 20 minutes of hearing her lecture, I ask her, "But why were you even calling me?"

"Oh right, we gotta work on the research! It's been almost a week and we have made no progress on it. NO EXCUSES."

"We have A LOT OF TIME. Like months."

"I like my work done before time. Got a problem with that?"

"Absolutely not. So, your place today?"

"Sure"

"Can you get me some water please?" I said as we entered. "Sure, you go to my room, it's upstairs, I'll get it." When I went to her room, I saw a framed picture of a boy kept on the table. "Let's start?" She asked as she saw me looking at the picture. "Yup"

In The Evening

"Are you dumb? You should've asked her about the guy!" Anli said as we talked on the phone.

"I can't just ask her directly, you know!"

"Why not!?"

"You can do it, I can't. It seemed like she wanted to hide it, I don't want to make her anxious"

"Try it once more, if she doesn't want to tell you, we won't try again."

"I swear you're gonna get me killed some day."

*Akira called* "Hello, what's up?" I asked.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanna come over. I have some pizza leftovers. Just kidding, I just ordered it."

"Umm, I don't think I want to..."

"I didn't ask you, even though I basically just did, but I didn't. So you have 5 minutes, be fast."

"Dude- *he cut the call* cut the call dammit." I hope our friendship stays like this forever.

"You are 3 minutes late, but lucky you, the pizza is not here yet." He said as he opened the door. "Ah, looks like I'm god's favourite."

"Come on in."

Watching movies, playing games, talking about each other, we really had fun that evening, I saw him as my RIVAL for the past few days because of the time I saw him spend with Mihoko, but it felt like he didn't have anything bad for me in his heart. My illusions were being cleared one by one. The fog in front of my eyes was turning into droplets, racing down the window...