Race You To The Others!

So that's how we went straight for the Mount Fuji!

3 Hours Later

"Man, I can already see the beauty from here! The view is gonna be heaven-like from there, I can bet!" You exclaimed, without a slight of the tire in that voice! We had been hiking for 3 hours, "Man, this was not a good idea!" I was almost regretting the decision, but the tire was fading away, as soon as it came, seeing you all excited about reaching the top! "I'm in total agreement and sure that this was thought by Anli because nobody except the 'epitome of awesomeness' is stupid enough to go hiking on a birthday eve! I'm so tired already, I feel like I'm gonna die of it. I hate you for this one Anli!" I looked at Akira and cleared my throat with everyone's notice. "I DID NOT EVEN WANNA COME! NO WAY IT WAS MY IDEA! Why do I get the blame for everything lame done in this whole cruel world?!" Anli got irritated and started to throw tantrums mid-way. "And there's no doubt that I'm the epitome of awesomeness...if that was sarcastic." Getting confused with Akira's words, she said.

"Man no way it was Mihoko's idea, she can't be that dumb or lame." I was the last person he could think of for the crime, I started to feel concave of myself, seeing Akira so not-enjoying. "It was Asahi, the very best friend of yours." You said it as I opened my mouth to tell him. He started to look at me with such disappointing eyes, that I actually wanted to die at that moment. "You wanna say something about it, 'best friend'? You continued to walk freely without any tension about what was going on just behind you. I started to stutter with words there, my eyes were fluttering, face, sweating. I was highly strung, seeing Akira by my side, outstaring me while you were ahead of all of us, murmuring songs like some animal just got free of its cage!  "Oh come on, it's gonna be worth it as we reach the top!" I said in my defense whatever I could think of in an instant. It was a logical thought, I later realised. "Mate, this much hard work for even heaven is not worth it, I am sure!" He panted, on his knees. "What are we even here for if we don't experience the picture from up there? I'm sure as soon as you're up there, you are gonna regret everything you're saying right now. I mean, look at everyone else. They are all here for you! All of them agreed on coming because of you! They agreed so that you can remember this birthday all your life! You were the reason Anli even came on the trip. Mihoko had to do so much to get you two here. We both could not in our dreams have missed your birthday for...this!" I pointed at the scenery we could see from there, the city lights were literally as stars down there. "Man, even if we were at the best place ever in the world, the beauty wouldn't have mattered missing you."

"Best with pep talks, aren't you?" He laughed, looking up with tears in his eyes. I had never seen Akira actually crying before, not even when he fell off the bicycle, his headset broke and had to rest for days. The wind was blowing like never before. Like it would take us flying with it. The moon was shining so brightly as if it would blind us. The tears in his eyes were blown away as soon as leaving his cheeks. I could feel the sorrow and rue in his existence. "You should have faced up earlier, you let me make you cry on your birthday eve! Now that's evil." I smiled, bending over with a tear or two under my eyes.
"Oh come on, that's your everyday business" We were laughing out loud, not paying attention to anything around us, not caring about anyone around us, considering if anybody WAS around us. "Oh man, the long and emotional lecture of mine got us so behind that they have probably reached the top by now!" I exclaimed, noticing that nobody was even in our sight! "Oh, but it was totally worth it, now will you just sit here watching me crying or actually run?" I was overwhelmed by the joy and confidence in his eyes. "Man, I'm not leaving you here being a crybaby - at last I'm your babysitter!"
"Oh of course you are!" I gave him a hand as I stood up. Man, that was the best time we ever had since we had known each other. We could have stood there forever, but catching up with the others was a little too important, at last, it was his birthday. So taking a deep breath," Race you to the others!", we ran.