Calling For You

"He's...what?" I asked, not believing what Akira said. I took a couple of steps back, tripping. "I got Ageda's call. He was sobbing on the phone." He snuffled with his head resting on the wall.

We both held Akira and Anli to make them sit on the bed. "He didn't even let us cancel our plan," Said I, without a blink, zoned out. "How did it happen?" You asked Anli, but she was not in the right mindset to explain anything at that time. "Ageda's friends attacked him again, right after 24 hours." Said Akira, sitting beside me on the chair. "YOU CALL THEM FRIENDS?" Anli shouted in rage, crushing the glass on her lap.

I was not feeling any sorrow of my own feelings, instead, I was just wondering how Ageda was feeling at that time. "His brother got murdered by them!" She continued.

. . .

"We're leaving tomorrow morning, we can't stay any longer." You looked at all of us and then stood up.

We all stood up to follow your movement and then left for our rooms. I sat on my bed for the rest of the night, only thinking about the time Riiamu told us to go to Fuji and all the times we used to trouble him almost every day. It was cracking up my mind just thinking how he was no more.

6 Hours Later

"The cab is almost here," I looked over at Uber to see it was 2 minutes away. You all walked from behind to stop beside me. "What time is the burial?" You asked, standing beside me, looking at the cab as it reached. "Tomorrow evening," Akira replied, sitting in the taxi for the train station. Nobody said a word in the way, not even Gorou Senpai, noticing the air. The time went on faster than ever before.

We sat on the train and went on for home.

We reached home and headed for the burial just 2 hours after. As we reached, I heard Ageda's voice. "He was like my own child to me. He always used to come running to me when anyone troubled him, I remember then I used to go and beat them up, just in the love of him..." He then began crying while on stage, and then off the stage. I headed over to him to comfort him, hugged him and said, "He's resting up there, he's fine, trust me." I gulped.

"I was the worst brother he could have got, wasn't I?" He cried as the tears fell on my shoulder. I pat his back, seeing you and others standing behind me. "Let's go," Ageda whispered, heading outside.

I went back through when I was terrified that he still might have some grudge against me, but this time, I was sure that he was the person who would give up anything for someone he even hates. The sights of us sitting in the waiting room, hoping to hear any good news about him were repeating in my head as I tossed dirt on the coffin, with a tear on top of it.

"Time for the return, my friend," Ageda murmured, keeping a flower on the grave. I took a turn to take a seat, feeling dizzy. Trust me I would have fainted right there if I stayed a little longer, I was starting to imagine his face again, the bright smile flashing all over the place.

"We should leave," You appeared behind my back, patting my shoulder.

.  .  .

It's been ten days since. It is the early morning of November 10th, maybe around nine o'clock, I've been too busy to check the time the whole night, yeah I didn't sleep. For four days. In a row.

Maybe I've turned into an insomniac.

I don't even know how I survived these past few days constantly thinking about going away. I don't know how I'll stay there. I don't even know if I'll be able to go, but I do know it's all you. The reason for my euphoria, it's always you. The reason for my sorrow.