Gaiety Nights

I sighed out, knowing all the consequences of her being there and how she just ruined our personal time, and the fact that she literally knew that I loved you just seemed like she was provoking me. I nodded my head in disappointment, bursting out of anger inside. It was so noticeable that you asked, laughing, "Do you have a problem with her coming here?" It literally looked like you knew that I wanted the alone time with you.

But I should have not gotten the wrong idea,
you fell for someone that loved you,
I was not destined with you in any of our lives.
Unlike him.

We were the stardust brought to life, then empowered by the universe to figure itself out, for which we failed. "LET'S GO?" you snapped your fingers in front of my eyes. "She's waiting for us!"

"Yeah let's go." Well, the slow motion started again, we ran to Anli, while the only thing I could focus on was you. I knew the fact that you loved Akira and he loved you, but I just couldn't get you out of my mind. I could have confessed to you, but words would not have conveyed my feelings in there for you.

And then we went on the hunt for Anli's gift for Akira, even though I was dying to go back home, you dragged me here and there, (when I didn't even have any role there), in search of the perfect gift for him.

I loved you for how you cared about everyone but not just me, but I couldn't live with the fact that you will be somebody else's someday.

8 planets,
204 countries,
7704 islands,
7000000000 people,

And I'm in love with someone
who loves somebody else.

"Sorry!" You said, when someone bumped into you, "Watch your eyes, dammit!" And we walked away, I thought of the Ageda incident out of the blue, when you pulled his hand off my shirt. But being all nice to people who are rude to you.

"Why are you nice even to people rude to you?"
"Because I too have been rude to nice people,
and I know that rudeness comes from a place of a roaring pain, and only kindness can soothe it." You had a tear falling off the corner of your eye. "Sorry I just made you cry in a public place" I said, trying to set your mind at peace.

"It's not the people who are nice or rude,
they just do good or bad deeds,
your only hope is to know which is which. – Edeet Ravel"

"That was a nice one," you said, wiping the tear off your cheek. "Where did you find that one?" Your face was blood-red. "I have a lot of them."

"WHY ARE YOU RED?" Anli came running from the store. "Nothing, just-"

"A SUNBURN" I said before you could, without realizing that we were in a mall. "Yeah right, a sunburn" Anli kicked my knee, "GODDAMMIT I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT!"

"YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET AWAY AFTER MAKING MIHOKO CRY YOU KNOW!"

We sat there because of my leg not being able to work until the mall closed and we had to leave. "Ah, we're finally done with the gifts." Putting the bags down, you said. "I don't even know if I'll be able to walk by his birthday."

"Well, you will have to, even if you can't." You gave me a mocking look, taking a 2-second pause, I gave a "Yeah right." reaction to you.

6 Days Left

After a very long day of finishing the research work with you, I was really tired, "WE'RE DONE WITH IT, FINALLY" You literally shouted. "We somehow gotta celebrate this, it's huge you know!"

"I don't really want to... We can just celebrate on Akira's birthday."

"Yeah right, says the party person."

"I'm not A PARTY PERSON!"

"We're going to celebrate this, even in the smallest way." And I had to agree to it, well of course, how could I not?

And then I got a call from Akira, he wanted to see me so I just went to meet him, and as I was expecting, it was just some random shit he had to talk to about. "So, what are you guys planning to do on the birthday?"

"You really called me here to talk ABOUT THIS?"

"IT'S IMPORTANT."

"And I'm not gonna tell you anyway, that's how surprises work."

"I won't tell anyone that you ruined this, come on, and just go ahead." I ran away, laughing at him. "I HATE YOU." He shouted.

We got a cake and had a small party at your place. But you told me the actual thing later, which by the way had me flabbergasted.