Surprise Not Surprise

"I did. And it's an arrow for two birds." I smiled. "Too dramatic." Anli responded without waiting a second. "Oh come on, are you not already habitual to that trait of his?" You continued to disgrace me even more while I was still sitting right there.

"Now will you actually listen to my idea? I mean, I am extremely sorry for distracting you from your distinguished conversation. you can continue and I'll not utter a word out of my mouth." I sarcastically said, shrugging. At that point, I myself kind of recoiled with a monologue that was nose-squeezing. "Ah, man just stop with it already. Somebody has turned into a big baby boy, and I think we all know who that is. And that, by the way, is really annoying. If you don't already know, I don't like being around people that dramatic." You continued in a jesting manner.

I had no idea about what was going on in my mind around that time, I was just annoyed and so irritated with everybody for no reason. I was losing my mind because of all the things going around all at once, to the extent that I could even process my thoughts. I was often zoned out, even if sitting around people I used to pay all my attention to. I changed from a 'live for others' person to not caring about anything going around. But keeping all of that on the other side, I still had to keep that 'enjoying the trip to its fullest' act for the sake of you and the others. Because I was pretty sure that seeing me all frowned and zoned out, I would have attracted all of your attention which would have pretty much wasted the trip and I absolutely did not want to do that. I had changed, for the better of you but not myself.

"So, you were saying...?" Anli waved her hand through my eyes as I was not mentally present there. "Just spill the tea already. We don't have all night left for the preparation." It seemed as if you guys were teaming up against my whole existence. That presence of you both was too overwhelming for me, for some reason I was turning shallow with my words. "You don't need any preparation. Just a little stamina will do!" I went all enthusiastic for the sake of Akira's birthday. Wasting his birthday would be equal to sin to me, for me he was the best friend I had ever met - keeping Anli in mind, yes.

And you see, I spent hours thinking of something so special for Akira that he would remember it for his whole life. But at last, I kept it pretty simple...or not! What could be better than walking up Mount Fuji under the starry sky with you?

"WHAT? Was I daydreaming or I actually heard you say something about hiking...the...MOUNT FUJI?!" Anli exclaimed. "Oh, come on Anli! Don't be a party pooper, you know who you're talking to! The 'party person!' you don't wanna ruin his mood, do you?" Your agreeing on it without any time taken made me so blissful, that it kind of lightened my mood. It lit my mind up.

"I guess it's decided then! We're gonna hike the Mount Fuji. Now don't change your minds thinking it would take hours to do so, because it's gonna be worth it!" I started to think about the moment we would be up the mountain, "The picture from there will not be believable I'm sure!" I low-key exclaimed. Well, the surprise for Anli was already ruined but we could make it for Akira. "Prepare yourselves, it's gonna be a journey!" You exclaimed under your breath.

"Is nobody even gonna ask me if I wanna go? That's saddening."

"Oh, we both know you want to!"

And we then went to Akira to tell him- Sorry. To take him to the surprise. "Guys, you don't have to do anything. I don't like celebrating birthdays anyway. It feels childish." We took him out of the room anyway and went to 207 to get Gorou Senpai.

"I'm pretty sure you don't wanna know where we are heading to. Just trust me and come with us."

"Oh, you really think I am going to trust you that easily?" Gorou Senpai got up and sat on the sofa. "Trust me I also did not want to go, but he'll probably make a way to get you right now."

"I mean, you can stay here and stay until we're back, which is gonna be at least 5-6 hours, more or less." I headed toward the door, leaving the room. "I guess I'll go, I'm bored anyway."

"And...he did!" So that's how we went straight for Mount Fuji!