Can We Walk Back?

As I walk up back onto the bus, I see you sitting on Anli's seat, the one beside me. "Dumb people have their ways." I shrugged, pausing after the bus door. As I looked back, I see Anli shrugging, proud of her 'position-changing' act.

"She's better now, and will be back soon enough to my knowledge." I breathe out, sitting beside you. You were all worried about her, but I was just glancing at you, with cherry eyes. You nod your head with an agreement yet worry. I can still picture that scene, just like a screenshot, just you being you.

Finally, Anli enters and sits beside Akira. "I should probably go sit with Anli to comfort her." THAT HIT ME LIKE A BULLET. SUCH A BIG ACT AND NOW YOU WANTED TO GO SIT WITH HER. But I had a defense for that bullet (a very weak defense). "I think you should stay, she's better off with Akira." NOW THAT WAS STRAIGHT. IT ACTED AS BOTH A SHIELD AND A SWORD FOR STABBING MYSELF. "Oh, I made a direct request for her to stay beside me. Nah, I'm probably overthinking it because I know the reason I said that. She won't even notice it." I soliloquized. "You could have said it directly. You're not the one who's an expert with excuses, you know?" You chuckled. We didn't have much time on the bus, but I was grateful for the plenty of time that I got with you.

Most people think that a person can either be beautiful from the inside, or out, but I would totally disagree. You were as beautiful from the outside as that pure heart of yours.

I couldn't resist but say "You look beautiful today." I said it. I finally said it. All this time, being all hesitant about even talking to you, but I took a step forward by complimenting you. I clearly remember how I was so proud and joyful at that moment. I went all smiles and blushing but you BLEW A FUSE! "WE ARE TRAVELLING TOGETHER SINCE MORNING AND YOU GET TO SAY THAT NOW?! THAT IS REALLY RUDE." I instantly rued the compliment. To cover it up I exclaimed. "No like, you look really pretty laughing. I saw it for the first time today, so yeah." PHEW, that was a relief. "Still, that is rude." Oh come on, I was trying to start a conversation but messed up there. You were mad at me, even jokingly, and stopped me from the conversation, possibly a confession.

"Oh come on, you can't be mad at me for such a small thing. And the fact that you got mad at me for a COMPLIMENT is just unbearable." AND BOOM, you suddenly bumped my foot with yours, which was a MASSIVE jump scare by the way. "You really thought I was angry, didn't you? How stupid can someone possibly be?" That sentence felt like a pity-mock kind of thing. "I AM NOT STUPID, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS GETTING MAD AT RANDOM SILLY THINGS" Well. Well. Well. "Now that... was actually rude. Don't utter a word out of that mouth regarding me, unless it's an apology. I accept them in ear-holds." It was the moment that I realized that I messed up. Totally. But me being such a smartass, found another way to continue the conversation.

"Hey, You okay with telling me what was that paper about? You seemed to be really engrossed in it. You can talk to me about it if you're comfortable." I did not only say that for the continuation but I also actually wanted to know about that paper. "Yeah, no it was just a letter from my friend. I couldn't read it when I got it so I just put it in the bag to read it when I get time." Liar. Don't even know how to get away with it.

"You could have refused directly. You are not the one who's an expert with lying, you know?" I giggled. You seemed to be completely zoned out after that. "How in the world are you so fast with those comebacks?" You suddenly looked at me and smiled. "It just happens, like we don't DO breathing, I just don't think about it, you know?"

"And there you are actually explaining it" You nodded in disappointment. "BECAUSE YOU ASKED ME TO!"

"I DID NOT ACTUALLY ASK YOU TO 'EXPLAIN' IT!" We started arguing over it, not that I frowned about it. I was actually full of the joys of spring that I was at least having a good time with you...