One Last Surprise?

"So, are we leaving without them?" Anli said as I realised that you were inside the room with him. "I guess we'll have to." I shrugged. "I'm gonna go, you guys stay if you want to." Gorou Senpai left, putting his headphones up to his ear.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Anli asked, disquieted. "I don't know. Probably try to ignore it, it's not like I, being an extreme coward can do anything else." I stood by the wall getting its support. "Good luck with it." She held a hand on my shoulder and went downstairs. This time...I didn't try to listen to their conversations. I just stood there, for some time and thought about myself.

Anli bumped into me as I entered the lobby. "WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT WERE THEY TALKING ABOUT?"

"Are you a creep? Why would I listen to their conversations?" I tried to lighten the moment with a silly joke, balancing the dark inside me. "You...did not?" I started walking as she followed me repeating the same topic. "I did not Anli, she doesn't belong with me! The one who she does is Akira, and I'm happy for both of them." I stopped and looked Anli in the eyes. "I'm trying really hard to get away from her, but I fail every single time. She's astonishing. Defeating me at every chance she gets. She is really nice to me, at first I thought I was someone special to her. But later on, as I spent more time with her, I came to know that it was not me who was special, it was her. She really is contradicting."

I walked away but she did not follow me anymore. She was standing still, right there. She might as well have cried. Not that I looked back to check if she did.

After a while, you along with Akira showed up. The buffet was about to be over but you guys didn't seem to care.

I was sitting with Anli, having snacks. We were not really talking, it was an intense moment.

"What's up, guys? Sorry, we were a bit late." Akira said, pulling the chair for himself to sit on. There was an awkward silence after that moment.

Anli seemed really pissed off at me. "I see some aftermath here. What's that about?" You pulled your chair forward sitting on it. "A bloodshed for love absolutely did not take place here." At that moment I was sure that she was extremely pissed off. "May we know what caused that intense war between the empires?" Akira laughed. "It was...nothing." I took a pause to look at Anli. "Guys, whatever it is. Try to talk to each other and solve it. You don't wanna ruin this vacation, do you?" You both were trying to lighten the moment, but it was not helping. Everyone was gone in their rooms, just us at that single table were present.

"Let's go to our rooms, I'd say." Anli stood up and walked away. "I've never seen her like that, she's extremely passive. Just tell me if I can help with something, okay?" You said in a low voice. "Yeah, I will. Let's go for now."

I had stopped caring about most of the things around me. Anli, Akira and even you. I wanted to run away from everything. Thinking that I don't deserve you, I had lost hope in everyone around me. Akira was turning into a rival in my mind but I did not want to look at it that way. Anli was trying to help me in every way possible but I did not care, I was blinded by the fact that I had no place there now.

We went back to your room, having no plans for even a nap. We sat down and tried to lighten up Anli's mood. It was not really delightful seeing Anli so quiet, in fact, I had never even gotten that sight before that. She was often mad at me, but this one was intense.

"I'll be right back." Anli stood up and left the room. "Your chance, buddy." Akira held his hand on my shoulder. "Go and fix whatever it is." He said. I stood up and closed the door as I walked out. "Phew, here we go again." I took a deep breath as knocking on the 207. "I'm not here for stressing you out even more." She opened the door as I shouted. "How can I help you now?" She said in an irritated, sarcastic way. "I know you don't wanna help me anymore, but will you not listen to one last surprise?"