Part 3- The Last Night

I had no idea that my last night going out with Mila was going to be the last night. Like ever.

I mean, how would I know?

It was November 2nd- Serena's 20th birthday, and all of us were going to go out. Of course we couldn't get into bars yet- well, that hadn't stopped Mila before- but we were going to go to a hookah bar instead. Serena had called, and rented a section of the lounge out for all of us.

It was going to be Mila, Daisy, Candace, Nicki, Natalie, and I- along with Serena. We had invited Rachael, but she had politely declined.

The house I live in has 4 bedrooms, and each of us shares a room with someone- 2 of us in a bedroom.

I share my room with Nicki.

Mila shares a room with Candace, Daisy shares with Serena, and Natalie shares with Rachael- much to her chagrin.

We all crowded in Mila and Candace's room to get ready. Each room in our creaky, old wooden home was surprisingly spacious- so there was enough room for the seven of us, even if it was a bit of a squeeze.

Mila and Candace were sitting on the floor, sharing the full length mirror to put on their makeup. I noticed that Mila would try to edge Candace out of the way whenever she got the chance to.

Natalie was sitting on Mila's bed, holding up a compact mirror, putting on bronzer furiously. I could tell she was in some kind of mood- might be best to stay out of her way.

Serena was doing Daisy's hair- Daisy usually wore her hair straight, but Serena was added curls to it.

I walked over to where they were in the corner of the room, and Nicki went to go sit next to Natalie.

"Daisy, your hair looks really pretty." I said, "I like it curled."

Daisy turned slightly to look at me. "Thanks, Cassidy." she smiled at, and then she paused before she said, "You look very pretty."

"You do, Cass." Serena said, "You, in a corset top? Never thought I would see that! It looks hot."

Mila, who must've been listening said, "That would be thanks to me!"

"What do you mean?" I asked Mila. She didn't choose the top for me- Nicki helped me.

"If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have the confidence to wear that top. If you know what I mean." Mila winked at me, from the mirror.

"Yeah, Mi. You're right." I said, and I saw Nicki shoot me a look.

"What do you mean?" Candace looked at Mila.

"Nothing. It's between Cassidy and I." Mila said, putting on lip liner.

"Okay, ladies. The party bus will be here in 20 minutes, finish getting ready!" Serena clapped her hands, excitedly.

"I still find it so extra that you got a party bus for your birthday." Natalie chuckled.

"If you think I'm extra now, just watch for my 21st birthday." Serena said.

"I can't wait to see it." Mila grinned at her, "It'll be the second most extra next to my birthday."

"I believe it." Serena chuckled.

We all finished getting ready, and a few minutes before the party bus arrived, Nicki asked, "Should we double check with Rachael to make sure she doesn't want to come?"

"I triple checked." Mila said, "It was a hard no. She prefers studying to smoking, anyway."

The bus pulled up, and we all piled on. I sat in between Mila and Daisy.