Part 28- Tea Time

TW: This chapter does lightly discuss eating disorders.

Even though school was ending for the year in a little over a month- we still had a spring break. And my roommates and I were going to be allowed to leave for three of the days. Like winter break, we could only be gone for part of it.

But I was going to take advantage of that. I was going to stay with my mom and Brian one night, and with my dad and Melissa the other two nights. I told my dad and Melissa that I could take a train to their house, and then they would pick me up from the train station. Sometimes sitting in a car with Melissa for over an hour can be exhausting.

Daisy was going to be going to her sisters house for spring break. Candace was going to go home as well and spend time with her family. Same with Nicki and Serena. When it came to Natalie...I figured she would be with Mr. White.

None of us would be around.

The night before we were all going to leave for Spring Break, Daisy and I ordered in some sushi. She was going to be leaving later that night to go back home, and she wanted to do something for us. Serena had already left to go home, and Nicki kindly stayed downstairs to give us some privacy.

Daisy and I sat on my bed and ate the sushi together. I was beyond grateful for Daisy. She had truly become my rock throughout this all.

"This is the best sushi place." I said, taking a bite out of my vegetable roll, "Nothing beats it, even in my hometown."

"I'm glad you're enjoying it." Daisy smiled at me, "I like watching you enjoy food."

I looked at Daisy. "You do?"

She nodded. "I'm sorry if it's something you don't want to talk about. But I know that you have issues when it comes to eating. From what you've told me, and from what I've seen. Have you talked to your therapist about it?"

"Not too much, honestly. But I was thinking once I don't speak about Mila as much...I could talk to the therapist more about my eating issues. Or maybe see a different one for it." I responded.

"I think that's a good idea." Daisy said, "I'm here for you, always. I just want my girl to be healthy." she smiled at me, and put her hand on my knee.

I smiled back, and she looked like she was going to say something to me- but she didn't. Instead, she grabbed a rainbow roll with her pair of chopsticks, and said, "I could eat so much of this sushi."

What was she going to say?

I decided to not press it. We finished our sushi, and I helped Daisy pack up the rest of her away bag. As we walked out to her car, I felt a pang in my chest.

"I'm going to miss you." I said to her, "I'm going to miss you a lot."

"I'm going to miss you too, Cassidy." Daisy said, "But I'll be seeing you in less than a week. FaceTime me whenever you want, okay?"

I gave Daisy a kiss, and she got into her car. As she drove away, I waved her off. I stood there for a moment outside- not wanting to go back into the house.

"You two are definitely sweet together. I'll give you that."

I jumped at the sound of a voice speaking to me- but not too close to me.

I knew immediately who it was, and I grabbed for my phone in my pocket.

"Rachael, you can't be around me." I said back. I felt my heart start to pound.

I heard the footsteps come closer to me, and I held up my phone. "I'm going to call Officer Fiori if you don't go away."

"Don't call. Cassidy, I'm not going to hurt you." Rachael said, as she was coming closer. "Am I mad at you? Yes. Jail sucks. But I need to show you something. And you have no choice but to go with me."