Part 13- An Unlikely Affair

I looked out the window of Daisy's car to see Natalie being practically dragged out of the house by the police. 

Officer Fiori was there, but she was behind the cops that had Natalie handcuffed. 

"Let's go." Daisy said, and we immediately got out of her car. 

"Let me go! I didn't fucking do anything! I didn't kill Mila; you've got the wrong bitch!" Natalie was practically shrieking. 

"Miss Hernandez, you're not being arrested for murder." I heard Officer Fiori say, "We have told you this." 

Daisy and I looked at each other, confused. 

"I didn't do shit!" Natalie spat back. 

"Natalie. Calm down, please." I called to her as Daisy and I reached the house, "Just go with the cops." 

Natalie only glared at me, but she did shut up. Officer Fiori nodded toward me, acknowledging my presence. 

Daisy and I watched as Natalie got put into the back of the cop car. I could see people looking at the scene that just went on. They had stopped walking and were staring, just paused on the sidewalk. 

"Nothing to see here!" Daisy called out to everyone before we went into the house. 

Everyone was in the living room. They were all on the couches, except for Serena who was sitting on the floor by the couch. No one was saying anything. 

"What the fuck just happened?" Daisy asked everyone as we stood at the front door, facing our roommates. 

"Natalie just got arrested." Candace said. 

"Yes, we saw that. Why?" I looked at everyone.

"We have no idea, Cass. It was so sudden, the cops showed up, we opened the door, and then they went after Natalie." Nicki said, looking at me. 

"She ran." Serena said, looking down. "The fact that she ran makes her look even more guilty." 

"For what, though?" Daisy asked, "The cops were saying to her out there that she wasn't being arrested for murder." 

"I wish we knew." Nicki sighed.

"All I know is, she should get a lawyer." Candace said, and then she stood up, "This is all just too fucking much." 

She started walking away, hurriedly, up the steps. 

I watched as she went up the steps and then said, "I'm going to go check on her." 

Daisy gave me a soft smile as I started to walk away. I noticed as well that Rachael was there, sitting on the couch next to Nicki. She was looking down, not saying a thing or meeting anyone's eye. 

Candace leaves a trail of perfume wherever she goes- and I followed it to her bedroom. She was laying down on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. I knocked lightly on the already opened door. 

She looked at me, startled, after I knocked.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. 

She sighed, and sat up on the bed, her blonde hair spilling over her shoulders. 

"No." she said, "I'm not. Watching Natalie get arrested was almost traumatizing." 

I walked over and sat next to Candace on the bed. 

"It wasn't easy, seeing it from outside as well." I said, "I understand, Candace." 

"I feel like you've been so strong throughout all of this, Cassidy." Candace looked at me, "How? You were the closest one to Mila out of all of us."