Part 25- Rose Colored Glasses

Since Mila passed, I found myself forgetting things easily.

My brain was always so scattered, and it constantly felt like I had a dark cloud hanging over me.

On this particular Wednesday morning in March- I forgot my wallet for my therapy appointment.

I had just walked out of the house.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself, as I realized I didn't have my wallet with me.

I walked back into the house, and up to my room. When I entered my room, I saw something I wasn't expecting.

It was Serena- holding a gun.

She was cradling it in her hands, looking down at it. Her eyes were wide as she stared at the small weapon in her hands.

"Um...hey." I said, softly, to not startle her too much.

She looked up, clearly shocked.

"Cassidy, hey." she said, setting the gun carefully down on her bed.

"When did you get a gun?" I asked Serena, going over to grab my wallet that was on my bed.

"I got one this past week. It honestly just makes me feel safer." Serena said, "I have a gun at my house in New Jersey. Granted, I don't live in the nicest area. But I wanted to get one for this house too. Because I honestly feel even more unsafe."

"I completely understand." I said, "I'm not judging. Knowing that someone we live with could have...just know I get it."

"Thank you." Serena gave me a grateful smile, "I'm keeping it under my bed, in a box. I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell any of the other girls that I have the gun."

"I won't, I promise." I said.

"Good. I know I can trust you. On all fronts." Serena gave me a meaningful look.

I knew what it meant. She trusted that I didn't do anything to Mila.

I couldn't help but wonder if any of my other roommates owned a gun as well.

I had my therapy appointment, as well as class. Daisy texted me asking if I wanted to go hangout at the townhome where we had spent the night when Rachael got arrested. She suggested we grab dinner and hangout there.

I was happy to oblige.

We grabbed sushi from a local spot in town, and she drove us over to the house. It was only 6 PM, so I figured some of her teammates would be there.

"Will any of your teammates be there?" I asked Daisy as we pulled up.

"I assume at least one of them." she said, "But if they are, we don't have to hangout with any of them. We can go straight to Tessa's room."

"If you want to hangout with them, we can." I said, "I don't want to be rude." then I asked, "Is no one moving into Tessa's old room?"

"Well, honestly...my teammates are keeping it vacant. They are hoping I'll live there next year. I am really hoping there will be progression on Mila's case and maybe I can. But of course- I want progression so she will get justice." Daisy gave me a small smile.

"I think it would be great for you if you could live here." I smiled back at Daisy.

I hadn't even thought about where I would live next year. I had assumed Mila and I would live together all four years. Maybe Nicki and I could figure something out.

Two of Daisy's teammates were there along with one of their boyfriends, in the living room, eating pizza. Daisy and I joined them. She gave me a smile that said, "We wont join them for long."