Part 16- Daddy Dearest

Start writing your story

A/N- I am so sorry it's been a minute since I have updated! I am personally dealing with some changes in my life, but I absolutely plan on posting regularly!

Christmas was going to be coming up very soon- within the next couple of weeks. All I truly wanted was to be able to go home for it. Thankfully, my mother said her, and my stepfather would be able to come and see me if I was not allowed to leave campus. 

My dad and Melissa were going to be vacationing in Key West during Christmas- but they said that if I was allowed to leave campus, I should come to their home for New Year's Eve. Melissa had called me to ask how therapy was going, and she informed me they would be throwing a party. 

My college town looked beautiful during the Holiday season. Multi-colored, as well as white lights were strewn all over town, and on every lamp post, there was a wreath. I remembered the year prior how gorgeous Mila thought it looked. She had me take some photos of her in cute outfits posing next to the lights. 

What I wouldn't give to be able to have another makeshift photoshoot with her. 

That Thursday on the week before Christmas, I was feeling restless. Everyone had left already for break. Though I wasn't sure if I could mentally handle classes, I was also feeling restless as well not having schoolwork to do. Serena, Candace, and Nicki asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner with them that night, but I felt like my misery would bring down the mood. Rachael was missing in action, per usual. And I wasn't sure where Natalie was that night either. 

Daisy was going to be hanging out with some of her friends on the tennis team. Before she left, she stopped into my room. 

"I know I asked you before but are you sure you don't want to come hangout with me and the tea?" she asked, sitting on my bed. "We are just going to be having pizza, it'll be low key." 

"I'm sure." I sighed, "I'm sorry, I appreciate the invite. But I am just not feeling up to spending time with a group of people." 

Daisy nodded, "I understand. But I want you to get up and do something. Clear your mind." 

"I'll think about it." I smiled at Daisy. 

She hesitated for a moment, and then leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Text me if you need me, okay?" 

"Thanks." I said to Daisy, who then got up. 

I laid down on my bed a bit longer- and then I decided to take Daisy's advice to clear my mind. It was a very cold night outside- but I bundled myself up in a jacket and scarf and decided to take a walk into town. Starbucks would still be open for another hour, so I figured I could grab a hot chocolate to warm me up.

I was used to the stares from people since Mila died- and when I went into Starbucks, I felt eyes on me. I wanted to tell everyone to just fuck off. But I also didn't want to give anyone a reason to see me as unstable- or like I could have done anything. 

I kept walking along, sipping my hot chocolate. I had an intense feeling of loneliness inside me as I walked- and not just because I was by myself. 

I couldn't stop thinking about how I was going to have to live the rest of my life without my best friend. And to me- that felt terribly lonely. 

As I started to walk past the restaurant, The Brick Mansion, that my dad and Melissa had taken me to for Thanksgiving, something caught my eye through the window. 

It was a couple, getting up from a table by the bar- except they weren't an actual couple. 

It was Mr. White and Natalie.