Part 26- The Baseball Bat

As April approached, I was starting to worry that I was going to have to stay at the house on campus during the summer.

Going back to my hometown and staying there the whole summer would be extremely difficult without Mila.

But I believe that staying in the house, not knowing what happened to Mila still would be even worse. The only plus side would be spending time with Daisy.

Rachael was still in jail- but as far as we knew it was still for stalking. It had to be proven that there was more going

Speaking of people spending time with each other- since New Years Eve, my brother, Christian, and Nicki had been talking. Of course she couldn't go visit him- but he had come down a few times to my college town to see her. It was an odd situation, knowing my brother was there to see Nicki and not me- but I really didn't mind that him and Nicki were getting to know each other. If anything, I was worried that Christian would wind up hurting Nicki by breaking her heart.

The first weekend in April, he was going to be staying the night in my college town with Nicki. They got a hotel room, so they could have some time together and he wouldn't have to stay at the house.

He arrived early that afternoon, and him and Nicki decided to go grab lunch in town. He had come into the house, and greeted me along with my other roommates.

"Cassidy, your brother is really cute." Natalie said to me.

What about your old man?

"I've been told that my whole life." I said.

"Do you mind that he has this thing going with Nicki?" Candace asked me.

Her and Natalie could now be in the same room together. They didn't interact much, but they also weren't going to rip each other's hair out.

"I don't mind." I said, "I would rather him be with someone that I know is wonderful than another girl."

"That's very supportive of you." Candace grinned at me.

Nicki texted me a little while later asking if Daisy and I wanted to get dinner with her and Christian. Daisy had an event with her tennis team, but I told them that I would be happy to join them at dinner.

They wanted to eat at Rockets, which was a 1960's style diner in town. It had amazing milkshakes and burgers, and was usually very packed.

As I got ready, I kept thinking of ways that I could go about finding who had a bat in the house. It could have been anyone- or they could have taken it from someone else. Ever since Natalie had mentioned, graphically, the use of the bat on Mila, I found myself needing to know who even had a bat in the first place.

I was lost in thought, putting on mascara, when I heard a knock at the half open door.

I looked up to see Daisy.

"Hey." I grinned at her, "What's up?"

"I'm sorry I can't go with you tonight to dinner with Nicki and Christian." Daisy said, sitting next to me on the floor in front of the full length mirror.

"It's okay." I said to Daisy, "I totally understand. You have your tennis event."

"We're teaching lessons to some local kids to help raise money for charity." Daisy said, "It'll be fun. I love kids."

"I'm glad you're looking forward to it." I smiled at Daisy, "I'll bring you back something from Rockets if you want."

"Honestly, I would love one of their turkey club sandwiches." Daisy said, "Maybe a cookies and cream shake too?"