Part 18- Christmas Blues

The day before Christmas Eve we got news that made me thrilled- I could go home for Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I called my mom and told her.

"Oh, honey- that's great." she said, "I'll have one of your brothers come pick you up from school tomorrow morning."

"Thank you." I said, "Are you sure they won't mind?"

"Not at all." my mom said, "They've really missed you, and have been concerned about you. Brian as well."

"Well, I've missed everyone a lot."

"And Christian told me that your father and Melissa are throwing a New Year's Eve party. That should be fun." my mom said, with slight resentment in her tone. There always was when she spoke about my father and Melissa. Considering he cheated on her- it's understandable. Even after all this time.

"It definitely should be." I said, "Well, I'm really looking forward to seeing you."

"So am I, sweetie. I love you." my mom said.

"Love you too, mom."

I was informed that my step brother, Josh, was going to be picking me up. Josh is 23, and he lives with my mom and step father. He is Brian's son, from his first marriage. He currently is in school to get his MBA.

Even though Josh isn't even my biological brother- I've always gotten along with him even better than Jack and Christian, my full brothers.

I knew there was something I had to do though before I left with Josh the morning of Christmas Eve- and that was call Officer Fiori.

I went outside, and walked further away from the house.

As usual, Officer Fiori picked up right away.

"What's going on?" she asked me.

"I found something really creepy." I said to her.

"I'm listening."

"Rachael has a notebook. She started writing it over a year ago. It is basically a notebook of her stalking Mila and all of her whereabouts." I said, "She caught me reading it though."

"She didn't threaten you, did she?"

"She kind of did? She said I would regret it if I ever told anyone."

"Alright." Officer Fiori said, "Thank you for letting me know this. I'm assuming you don't have the notebook?"

"No, I don't."

"This is going to be taken very seriously." Officer Fiori said, "Keep me updated."

"Thank you, Officer." I said, "I hope you have a very nice Christmas. Are you doing anything special for it?"

"My wife, Ava, and I are going to my sister April's. I will be able to see my niece as well. Are you happy to go home?"

"Very." I said, "Thank you for that, Officer."

"Of course." Officer Fiori said, "Have a great holiday. Call me if you need anything."

When I got back to the house, I went up to my room, where my bag was packed.

Daisy was sitting on my bed.

"Hey." she smiled at me, getting up.

"Hey, were you waiting for me?"

"I am about to leave to go to my sister's house- I wanted to say bye to you thought before I left." Daisy walked up to me.

"That's sweet of you." I looked at her, my stomach filling with butterflies, "I'm going to miss you."