Eight

My eyes fluttered open, my dream still lingering across my vision. I could still feel his touch against my skin, the excitement that coursed through me doubling every second. How long had it been since I felt that much passion? I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't want him, even now as I laid fully clothed on my bed, I could feel the wetness against my underwear.

What would I do if he showed up unannounced? Would he make the first move or would I take matters into my own hands? I swallowed the lump in my throat, heat beginning to build spreading across my face and ending at the pit of my stomach where I so desperately wanted my release. Any other relationship I would have never been so bold, maybe in my deepest fantasies, but maybe this was just a wolf thing. I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep waiting, or how much self-control Elijah had.

With a shaky breath, I rolled out of bed, determined to take a cold shower, hoping it would help the fire burning through me. But to my surprise, a loud knock sounded from the front door. I knew who it was before I turned toward it. It was a gut feeling so loud and prominent it threatened to knock me off my feet. I shouldn't be surprised: I told him we needed to wait until my divorce was final. And here I was, no longer married.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I made my way toward the door, my hands grasping the handle firmly before I turned it, pulling the door open. I couldn't stop the smile from spreading, my cheeks hurting as if I was grinning for far too long. Elijah looked down at me, his eyes running over my face before locking with my own.

"Can I, um, can I help you?" I asked, stumbling over my words as I stood underneath the doorframe.

He smiled, "I believe you can."

It was in this moment that I remembered my dream, the way we danced and laughed and cuddled under the starlight. Each dream was different and each time there was an air about it that was filled with unimaginable amount of lust and need, something I was most definitely feeling now. Months of being celibate would do that to you.

"Can I come in or are we just going to continue our staring match?" Elijah asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

His cheeks were flushed, and I didn't dare look down, knowing that I would see the bulge in his pants and how I was affecting him. I knew that he could tell as well as he reached toward me, his hand grazing the top of mine and inhaled sharply, closing my eyes only for a second before I backed away and turned, "Yeah you can um, come in," I stopped before quickly turning around to face him, "How many dates would you say we've been on?"

"In real life or in our dreams?" He asked, not even questioning my sudden change of the subject as he casually moved to sit down on my couch. I followed him, plopping down beside him, my right leg securely underneath my bottom.

"Both." I replied, looking over at him as I tried desperately to ignore the fire that burned at the pit of my stomach. God, I wanted him so bad.

This Mate bond needed to chill the fuck out.

"Well if we could our dreams," He paused to look at me, his gaze dropping toward my lips and then back up again, "fifty."

I nodded, "I told you I wanted to wait."

I wasn't sure how long I could wait. The bond was already begging us to get hot and heavy and I didn't think I wanted to resist any longer.

"I know, and if you need more time, I can try to, I mean." He stopped and met my gaze.

"Elijah?"

"Yes?"

"Is it okay if I, if we—"

"Yes, you can."