Twenty Nine

The first thing Elijah and I did after we landed was rent a car. However, by the time we landed, I could have killed for something other than the handful of nuts and the steak I had eaten only a few hours before. So, as soon as everything was packed in the truck and we were both safely in the car, we rushed to the closest diner we could find, and it just so happened to be a burger joint. I wasn't expecting to see it amongst the streets but I wasn't complaining either. Greedily grabbing the sandwich, I took a bite, relishing the mouthwatering patty in my mouth. It quite possibly was the best burger I had ever tasted. I just hoped we wouldn't ruin the vehicle's pristine condition.

"I'm assuming you're hungry?" Elijah said watching me eat out of the corner of his eye.

"I'm starving!" I said after I swallowed, "Are we heading to the hotel now?"

Elijah nodded, "What do you want to do when we get there?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, what do you want to do? It's your surprise."

"It's both of ours." He corrected, "This is as much my vacation as it is yours. But, now that you ask, I wouldn't mind going to the beach. After all, the resort is right on the water."

"Wait, the resort?" I asked, "I hope they didn't spend too much money on us."

"Well..." he paused, "Eve did book us the honeymoon suite."

"She did? Wait, how do you know that?"

"I called." He replied, "I wonder if we can find a secluded beach spot."

I looked over at him, an eyebrow raised and cheeks burning, "You want to have sex on the beach?"

"What? No that's not what I meant, but now that you mention it..." He trailed off, our bond humming to life.

I scoffed, "You're going to get sand everywhere."

"There's such a thing called a towel." He interjected, "And I just so happened to get one that repels sand."

"You've thought about this a lot haven't you?" I asked as we pulled into the parking lot.

His only response being a cheeky grin and a wink as he put the car in park. "I'm down for trying something new."

I shook my head, "We'll see about that."

Sighing, I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car, the humidity instantly clinging to my skin and I knew my curls were going to be a frizzy mess before too long. Slamming the door shut, I went to get my suitcase, but Elijah was already on it getting help from the bellman as they both loaded up the cart. This place has a bellman? I knew Bellamy was the CEO of several start up companies just as Elijah was, but I never thought I'd actually be able to go on trips or fancy vacations in a resort I could never afford on my own. And yet, here Elijah and I were, thousands of miles from home in Hawaii. And I couldn't wait to spend every waking moment with him in this beautiful paradise.

"Are you ready to go in?" Elijah asked as he came toward me, the car already being taken to its parking spot by another employee.

I smiled then nodded, entwining my fingers in Elijah's hand as I followed him inside the main building to check in. The sun was already beginning to set which meant we probably couldn't enjoy the beach right now, but we definitely would tomorrow.

When we finally made it to our suite, the first thing I did was fall onto the four poster bed, the white sheets were crisp and clean and unimaginably soft. A sliding glass door lead out to a balcony overlooking the sea and when Elijah finally closed the door leading out to the hallway, I watched as he quietly opened the glass door, the sound of the crashing waves following after him as soon as it was open. Crawling out of bed, I followed after him and wrapped my arms — or at least tried to— around his tall frame, pressing my cheek against his back.