Epilogue

Six years later.

I sat in the sand, the warm sun showering over me as the waves crashed. Taking off my sunglasses, I looked ahead of me, immediately watching as Elijah helped Ashlynne and Noah build their sand castle. It was the first time we were able to get here since the twins were born and to say it had been utter chaos was a complete understatement. Smiling to myself, I got up and walked toward them, sinking back down into the sand as I sat beside Noah.

"Are you making a castle?" I asked as Noah looked him, his face entirely serious.

"Yup!"

"Mommy?" Ashlynne asked and I looked over at her.

"Yes baby."

"Can we go looking for seashells?"

"Do you want to go now?" I asked and Elijah immediately chuckled.

Ashlynne only nodded before immediately she was on her feet, determined as ever. She was definitely stubborn, but I wasn't sure if she had gotten it solely from me or Elijah. Maybe a little of both. Grabbing her bucket, I followed her towards the water my heart swelling with pride as I watched her. Then, without a moment to waste, she went to work scanning the sand in search of the seashells she desperately wanted.

"Hey mommy?"

"Hmm." I hummed my response, as I offered her bucket to her so she could put the broken shell in it. The thump that followed as it fell in it made her smile.

"Have you told Daddy?"

"Told him what?"

"About the baby that's in your tummy."

"What? How did you know about that?" I asked, entirely shocked and curious all at the same time.

She shrugged, "Grandma told me."

"How did you talk to your grandma?" I inquired.

She looked up then smiled, "In a dream. "Mema says hi."Mema was what Charlotte called Helena when she was alive. And I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Ashlynne was able to talk to those who passed on. I stared back at her, unsure how I was supposed to respond. "Grandma Kate says she's proud of you. She wanted me to tell you that."

I took a deep breath, tears threatening to spill. Elijah must have felt my emotions because he was calling after me. It was then I had noticed I was on my knees now. I knew what my daughter was telling me was the truth and that she, somehow, was able to talk to both of her grandmothers.

"Mommy, it's okay."

"I know baby. Next time you talk to them, hug them for me." I said, before pulling her in for a hug and kissing her head, "I love you my sweet girl."

"What's wrong?" Elijah asked from behind me, worry evident in his tone.

Nothing." I said, before standing up and turning to face my husband, "We're absolutely perfect. Oh, and one more thing, I'm pregnant."

The smile on Elijah's face couldn't be described other than pure and unadulterated joy. I didn't have to feel his emotions to know that we was absolutely ecstatic about the new baby — even if I had been keeping it a secret for a few days. Though, I suspected that his wolf knew as soon as my heat was over. Within seconds I was in his arms and he was planting one hell of a kiss on my lips. It was still full of so much passion after six years of marriage and I loved it.

"Ew!" Noah exclaimed and I just laughed before kissing Elijah back.

"Hey! What are you two celebrating!" I heard Eve call and we immediately turned toward her. Her two kids funning pas her as Bellamy came over the dunes carrying several bags and floaties.

"We're pregnant!" Elijah and I both screamed as Eve let out and excited gasp.

"Really!" She exclaimed running up to us before she noticed that Charlotte was about to throw sand at her little brother, "Hey! Charlotte don't—" But it was too late, she had already thrown it and little Bellamy Junior was now a crying mess.

Looking back at Elijah, I couldn't fight the laugh that threatened to escape. I was finally at peace, the Taylor's were my family and the life I had as a human was only a distant memory. This was what home felt like: pure chaos and true love and I wouldn't give it up for anything.