Chapter 24: Fall

The woman peered around the corner of the building, watching as the boy jogged down the stairs. A dark haired werewolf following him. She held a phone to her ear as they paused to look back up the stairs at another person holding a child trailing after them. The sound of ringing came from her phone as she counted the people leaving the library. A woman's voice answered, "How did it go?"

"Not well." She started chewing on her nail. "The magic user with him is hindering most of my work."

"Don't worry, that will be taken care of."

"It's also the amount of people around him that seems to want to protect him." She looked away and added. "The wolf said his father was dead. But I was looking into his records. There's something odd about them. How can someone have two kids three months apart with the same woman?" The woman was quiet on the other side. "Not only that but one of them is still listed as missing while this one is still walking around."

"I'll have someone look into it. There has to be information somewhere."

"It might do us better to leave him alone. I have a bad feeling if he goes missing we'll all have the hounds of hell nipping at our heels just to get him back. Mother always said never mess with a Sharpe."

"We don't even know if this kid is a Sharpe. Find out. We'll plan accordingly. We'll just have to give the kid a reason to ditch his protection. For now, keep out of sight, he's not going anywhere."

"Okay." She hung up the phone and quickly walked away.

Levi crashed into the house startling everyone inside. He shoved the door shut just as a loud thump was heard on the other side. "Levi! Open this door!"

Cain rolled his eyes and dropped back onto the couch. Gray was watching as Levi dug his heels in and kept the door closed. When the banging stopped. Rhea sighed as she walked to the back door and opened it. "Mom!" Levi rushed for the kitchen and slid to a stop as Michael barreled into the kitchen. He slipped as he pivoted around. Levi scrambled to get his feet back under him. Michael grabbed the back of Levi's coat and the both of them crashed to the ground when Levi's feet slipped out from under him.

"Get off me!"

Rhea pulled the table out of the way of the two of them and she turned to Gray. "Boys."

He laughed at Rhea's 'why me?' look she had tossed him.

Michael quickly sat on Levi's back as Levi tried to push himself up. "I'm not moving! This seems to be the only way to keep you from getting in trouble!"

Cain picked his head up from where he was laying on the couch. Now he was interested.

"You're crushing me!"

"You're fine." Levi twisted and tried to smack at Michael, who smacked Levi's hands away. He hissed when Levi punched him in the thigh and he smacked Levi over the head.

"Get off of me!"

"No."

Rhea counted to ten before she grabbed a pot and a wooden spoon. Aaron walked into the house through the back door just as Rhea banged the spoon against the pot. "Alright! Break! It! Up!"

When Levi gave Michael's leg another punch, Rhea yelled. "Don't make me smack both of you with this spoon!" Both of them looked away from each other. "Michael, get off Levi!"

Michael went to stand up but Levi hooked his foot causing him to trip. "Enough! Levi!" Levi scrambled up to his feet as Michael lunged for him. Rhea shoved her way between them. She quickly smacked Levi over the back of his head. He yelped and let out a whine.