Seventeen: Behind Bars

Izuku pov
I woke up blinded by the celling lights, thinking I was seeing the holy light again. I jolted upright. Only to find myself in a blank room handcuffed to the table.

I looked around and made eye contact with the face of a security camera mounted on the right side of the blank walls. Perhaps I was being monitored?

Not long afterward a man in uniform opened the door. He was chatting with a few of his coworkers before shutting the door completely. He approached the table and sat down on the opposite side of me.

He let out a long heavy sigh before raising the folder he held in his right hand. He examined me squinting his eyes.

"What's a kid like you wasting your youth on such a delinquent lifestyle?" He opened his folder and took out a pen. "I- wait no." I stuttered.

"What's your name kid?" He looked up sternly, saying it so nonchalantly, almost like he's said it for the millionth time this day.

"Izuku Midoriya." I said lifting my arms, I forgot they were handcuffed. He looked at me and then at a notepad scribbling something down.

"What's you association with the LOV?" He didn't take his eyes off of the notepad, instead he waited for a response. He tapped his pen on the pad almost acting impatient.

"I dont. This is a mistake." I said leaning back into the chair. He set his pen down looking at me straight in the eyes.

"We made a mistake?" He reiterated. "Yes, I'm not a villain nor a delinquent." I nodded.

"But I'm assuming that you aren't a UA student either," he pinched the bridge of his nose. This guy was about to have a migraine and I could sense that he didn't have the patience for this.

"Well no but-" i was interrupted. "Then what was your business there?" Again scribbling then pausing to think for a moment then scribbling some more.

"Well..." I hesitated.

"Well?..." He waited for me to come up with some sort of reasonable answer. When he saw that I couldn't come up with one he slammed his pen down.

"Listen boy I've been in this field way before you were born. I've dealt with plenty liars like you. So just get on with the truth so I can catch my lunch break alright?!" I flinched, the man leaned back fixing his composure.

"You want the truth?" I said.

"Hurry on with it kid."